Grosvenor Pulford Hotel & Spa
Orbitz.com
US$94
PremierInn.com
1,792 results
All reviewsnelsons barspiral staircaseciro's brasseriejapanese gardensensory gardensunday carveryexecutive roomlovely hotelwedding venuesteam room and saunawedding guestsafternoon teamy partnerleisure facilitieswedding receptionthe ground floorfrom start to finish
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for our mini honeymoon in July, having upgraded to a superior room. Can't really fault this hotel. Room was lovely and a nice touch a card and chocolate hot milk drink stirrers left for us. Bottle of bubbly I had ordered was waiting for us.

Great location - we parked the car up for the duration and used the regular bus service with smart leather seated buses to get to and from Chester.

We eat in Nelsons Bar the first night and service was excellent and the portions surprisingly large. Very satisfied.

Used the pool and found it clean and pleasant. The changing rooms were ok but could do with a bit of an upgrade, just a little bit tired. But otherwise we loved this hotel and hope to return again soon for another chilled break away.

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 31 July 2014

My wife and I went for one night to celebrate our 10th Wedding Anniversary and we may have to go for our 11th.
We were immediately upgraded on arrival and were impressed with the warm greeting at reception and the room itself.
My wife enjoyed treatments in the Spa which itself seemed to be everything you would look for. I used the gym and we both had a dip in the pool. All of the leisure facilities were clean and well maintained.
Dinner in the restaurant was excellent as was the service. Breakfast the following morning was also good.
We have been to a lot of spa hotels and would have to rank the Pulman up with the best. Pretty faultless.
We will definitely return.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stuart H
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We had a wonderful stay at the Grosvenor Pulfordand Spa for our 1st wedding anniversary and as a last minute break before our baby arrives. Upon our arrival we were greeted warmly by the Reception staff and given some information about the hotel and local area. We were a little surprised that our roof was split over two levels and located in the roof area of the building. The downstairs area had a very small sitting area with a sofa, and up a very tight spiral staircase was the bedroom and bathroom. Whilst this was very quirky and nicely decorated, it was not ideal being that I'm pregnant and my poor husband kept hitting his head as well over 6 foot tall. A quick word with reception quickly rectified they situation. They immediately apologised and offered us a choice of two other rooms. They also provided a fan for me as there was a heat wave, which was very considerate. My only slight complaint is that the majority of the executive double rooms do not look like the pictures on the website, which are the newly refurbished ones. However, they were all clean and the decor was pleasant, just not very modern.

During our stay we enjoyed an amazing breakfast in the Ciro restaurant. They offer a full English breakfast, fruit and cereals. All of this was too a very high quality and the service was excellent. We ate our evening meals in the hotels Nelson Bar, which is a gastro pub. Once again the food and service were outstanding.

We used the spa facilities every day. The pool is lovely, and there is a jacuzzi, steam room and sauna. I also booked a mother to be massage, which was fantastic.

We would happily return to this hotel and recommend it to others.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I was brought to The Grosvenor by my godmother, whose daughter married there a few years ago. We had dinner in the main restaurant and I was not disappointed. The service was excellent, especially given how warm the evening was and we were never without fresh, ice cold water on our table. I ordered mussels to start and the duo of lamb, and every bite was delicious... I just wish I'd had room for the limoncello creme brûlée! A fabulous meal, not cheap, but not ridiculous either. Worth the money, and next time I'm visiting my family going to ask if we can go back!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I stayed at the Grosvenor Pulford Hotel & Spa this weekend with my boyfriend and another couple, as we were attending a wedding close by. With it being a 4 star hotel, I expected a little more than what we ended up getting. The hotel facilities are on the whole very good, and I assume are massive factors in the 4 star rating. They have a spa which has a nice and relaxing oriental garden attached to it (unfortunately they had no availability for treatments so I can't comment on that, but my boyfriend enjoyed the pool and steam room). There is also a brasserie restaurant and and pub, we ate at the pub - the food was very good and we received great service from our waitress. This was a massive step up from the service we received at the bar earlier in the day, where, when we'd inquired as to how busy the bar and brasserie got and whether we would be best deciding early and booking in advance; we were told "well, you have to book anywhere" quite sarcastically by a man who clearly wanted to go home. When we had dinner at the bar surrounded by several empty and unreserved tables, we realised that you don't quite have to book everywhere. Other than this, though, all the staff we encountered throughout the hotel (particularly in the restaurant, bar and spa areas) were very friendly and ready to help.

Our rooms were pretty average and not representative of a 4 star hotel. We had booked executive double rooms (one up from a standard room) and our two rooms were next door to each other. Disappointingly, we walked through corridors of seemingly refurbished rooms only to reach our rooms which looked pretty dated and worn around the edges (and didn't look at all like the executive rooms photographed on the hotel website). I've read other reviewers mention their executive rooms had been recently refurbished, so we must've been unlucky to get stuck with the old ones. However, our rooms were spacious and the beds were comfortable. Unfortunately, there was a wedding going on that night and our rooms didn''t block sound out very well, or at all, because we heard every song and every word the DJ said into the early hours of the morning. When my friend called down to reception, he was told that there was a standard twin room available where he could sleep for the night. Rather than moving all his stuff to downgrade a room, he declined, only to be advised to go down to the wedding reception and have a word with the DJ!!! Instead we opted to suck it up and have a bad night's sleep. To the hotel's credit, they took our food off the bill upon check out which was a nice gesture. Breakfast in the morning was good - we were well advised by reception to go down early to avoid the "bedlam" of the wedding party at breakfast, which ended up being solid advice.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple