I stayed at The Grosvenor Pulford Hotel with a friend for a girly weekend. The hotel was difficult to find even with a satnav but once I had arrived everything else was amazing from start to finish. The Kasia Spa was excellent, the gardens beautiful (although the pagoda could have used a tidy up). The relaxation room was lovely as was the waterfall lounge. However it's crowning glory was the amazing full body massage I had. I left feeling both relaxed and as if all my muscles had been worked. The staff were very attentive although how to get service in the conservatory is a little confusing. We were unsure whether to ask at the spa desk or go through to the brasserie in our dressing gowns.
Our hotel room was on a balcony overlooking the fountain and was a really beautiful part of the hotel. The hotel is a mix of traditional and Mediterranean decor. The fountain area would be a lovely place to sit with drinks. The room was clean, nicely decorated and comfortable. The WIFI connection was very good.
We booked a table at Nelson's Bar when we checked in and arrived early. We had drinks at the bar but probably could have asked to be seated as it wasn't full. We decided to order quite a few starters and sides between us but we underestimated the size of the portions-very generous! The food was all lovely, especially the mini Cumberland Sausages!
I would definitely stay at this hotel again and I would recommend it to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award winning Grosvenor Pulford Hotel & Spa with its beautiful 19th Century original building has been tastefully and expertly extended to incorporate a vast range of facilities and accommodation. Nestled in the Cheshire countryside this hotel is ideally located just a five minute drive from Chester's historic city centre, yet a stone's throw from the border of Wales. Privately owned, this four star hotel offers 73 bedrooms all with en-suite facilities, while two restaurants provide guests with a choice of dining. The AA Rosette awarded Ciro's Brasserie is a magnificent Mediterranean themed restaurant specialising in modern European cuisine cooked using fresh, seasonal, local produce, while Nelson's Bar, the hotel's gastro-pub offers traditional ales and a wide selection of bar meals. Within the hotel is also Spa by Kasia, the North West's most exclusive and opulent spa. This luxury retreat offers 6 indulgent treatment suites, 3 relaxation rooms, a couple's VIP suite, traditional Hamman, Roman style swimming pool, Jacuzzi, steam room, sauna, gymnasium, outdoor tennis court, Spa Boutique, Spa Eatery, and the unique and stunning Asian Sensory Garden. This welcoming hotel, with its stunning backdrop of the welsh mountains, is the perfect base from which to explore the beauty of Wales, Cheshire, the famous Roman city of Chester and The Wirral. There is an abundance of local attractions in and around the surrounding area, which include Chester Cathedral, Chester Race Course, Chester Zoo, Blue Planet Aquarium, McArthur Glen Designer Outlet, Beeston Castle, Castles of North Wales, Tatton Park, Ness Botanical Gardens and many more! The hotel offers ample free parking and complimentary internet access throughout and is easily accessible from the motorway network A55, M53, M56 and M6, and the international airports of Manchester and Liverpool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Lastminute, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, LateRooms, HotelQuickly, Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your Grosvenor Pulford Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grosvenor Pulford Hotel Chester
- Grosvenor Pulford Hotel And Spa
- Grosvenor Pulford Chester
- Hotel Grosvenor Pulford
- Grosvenor Pulford Hotel & Spa Chester, Cheshire