We stayed here August 6-10. The rooms were clean, the beds were comfortable, the staff was friendly and helpful. What more could you want. Well maybe air conditioning in August.
We were visiting Chester and a travel agent found us this hotel. I was glad we had a car because it is not in Chester, its about 10-20 minutes outside of Chester, depending on traffic. The grounds of the hotel and spa are lovely. The hotel is very nice. The restaurant inside the hotel is a little pricey but very good food and excellent service. Breakfast is served in the restaurant and it was very satisfying. The bar is everything you'd expect from an English pub. My daughter was lucky enough to get an appointment at the spa and she loved it. The only thing lacking was air conditioning. I'm sure that this is not a problem 10 months out of the year. But in August, the rooms are a little sticky even up to midnight. They do provide a small oscillating fan in the room. That said, I'd stay here again, even in August.
Here are my suggestions to consider in staying here. First, have a car. My boys took a cab ride back from Chester on Friday before midnight and Saturday after midnight and their Chester pub crawl. It cost them $10 and $15, pounds. My boys can also vouch for the friendly and efficient room service after midnight and the great sandwiches they serve. Next, it has a beautiful spa and you should take advantage of it so book ahead. If you make the mistake of waiting till you get there like me, you'll find the appointments are few and far between. But it was August, the height of their vacation season. Still, I think the spa is a very popular attraction and doesn't want for customers so, book ahead. Take into consideration the lack of air conditioning. It really wasn't a huge issue because the nights were cool and pleasant.
The hotel and its grounds are beautiful and well kept. The food was good. I could definitely stay here and never make it into Chester and be very happy with my trip. I'd stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award winning Grosvenor Pulford Hotel & Spa with its beautiful 19th Century original building has been tastefully and expertly extended to incorporate a vast range of facilities and accommodation. Nestled in the Cheshire countryside this hotel is ideally located just a five minute drive from Chester's historic city centre, yet a stone's throw from the border of Wales. Privately owned, this four star hotel offers 73 bedrooms all with en-suite facilities, while two restaurants provide guests with a choice of dining. The AA Rosette awarded Ciro's Brasserie is a magnificent Mediterranean themed restaurant specialising in modern European cuisine cooked using fresh, seasonal, local produce, while Nelson's Bar, the hotel's gastro-pub offers traditional ales and a wide selection of bar meals. Within the hotel is also Spa by Kasia, the North West's most exclusive and opulent spa. This luxury retreat offers 6 indulgent treatment suites, 3 relaxation rooms, a couple's VIP suite, traditional Hamman, Roman style swimming pool, Jacuzzi, steam room, sauna, gymnasium, outdoor tennis court, Spa Boutique, Spa Eatery, and the unique and stunning Asian Sensory Garden. This welcoming hotel, with its stunning backdrop of the welsh mountains, is the perfect base from which to explore the beauty of Wales, Cheshire, the famous Roman city of Chester and The Wirral. There is an abundance of local attractions in and around the surrounding area, which include Chester Cathedral, Chester Race Course, Chester Zoo, Blue Planet Aquarium, McArthur Glen Designer Outlet, Beeston Castle, Castles of North Wales, Tatton Park, Ness Botanical Gardens and many more! The hotel offers ample free parking and complimentary internet access throughout and is easily accessible from the motorway network A55, M53, M56 and M6, and the international airports of Manchester and Liverpool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Lastminute, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Grosvenor Pulford Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grosvenor Pulford Hotel And Spa
- Grosvenor Pulford Hotel Chester
- Grosvenor Pulford Chester
- Hotel Grosvenor Pulford
- Grosvenor Pulford Hotel & Spa Chester, Cheshire