“Amazing spa! ” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 45 Hotels in Chester
Cheshire, United Kingdom
“Amazing spa! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

By far the best spa i have visited in a long time. The second we walked through the door we started to feel relaxed. Facilities were brilliant and even down to the lovely chatty members who were using the facilities, the whole place had the most welcoming environment I've ever been in. Our treatments were perfect, the staff were all attentive and amiable and the areas we used were immaculate. We had an afternoon tea as part of our spa day and again we couldn't fault it. I use spa's several times a year and i have never been so blown away, i will definitely be returning. If you are considering booking a spa day or break you won't be disappointed.

Stayed January 2017, travelled with friends
David C, Group Revenue and Relationship Manager at Grosvenor Pulford Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Ju, many thanks for your 5* review, following your recent Spa day with us at Spa by Kasia, here at The Grosvenor Pulford Hotel & Spa.

It was nice to see that we were the best Spa that you have visited in a long time, and this is certainly something that I will ensure is shared with the team. We are lucky to have such an amazing Spa, and I do hope that we can welcome you back again sometime soon, and once again many thanks for your kind words.

David

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (328)
Old Colwyn, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

My wife booked this the hotel as a surprise birthday treat. The hotel is located about four miles outside Chester and has very nice gardens and a japanese style water garden at the rear. We had three rooms to accomodation the family and had booked a night with a meal and entertainment. The rooms were very comfortable, well equipped and very clean. The meal was a set meal and two courses which was good considering the number of people to be served. The entertainment (Rhythm train) were very good and the whole evening was excellent. Breakfast the next morning was a serve yourself cooked buffet but it was all hot and well cooked. We used the spa and gym whilst there and they were more than adequate.

Stayed January 2017, travelled with family
Mark, many thanks for your review, following your recent stay with us at The Grosvenor Pulford Hotel & Spa.

It was nice to read your review, and to see what an enjoyable time you had with us, whilst celebrating your birthday, and that everything with your stay met your expectations, and in particular that you enjoyed the evening with Rhythm Train, who are an amazing group and really make the evening go with a swing.

I do hope we can welcome you back again sometime soon, and once again many thanks for your kind words.

Bolton, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Booked an accessible room for two nights between Christmas and new year, I have a wheelchair and I was given a room on the second floor through a two way swing door down a corridor to kitchen and up a service elevator that could barely fit my chair.
No grab rails in shower area or seat .Noisy during the night, booked table for dinner, food awful overcooked and inedible, bar and restaurant area filthy with old food on floors,tables and chairs. Booked for two nights and only stayed one!

Room Tip: Don't bother
  • Stayed December 2016, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Location
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
David C, Group Revenue and Relationship Manager at Grosvenor Pulford Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Jacqui, many thanks for your review, following your recent stay with us.

Firstly I am sorry that it did not meet your expectations, and I have personally spoken to the booking company that made the reservation on your behalf, as I believe that somewhere along the line there has been a slight breakdown in communications. I also left a message on your home answer phone on 29th December, asking you to contact me, regarding the issues that you had raised.

I am sorry that you thought the lift was a service elevator, as this is certainly not the case, it is infact 1 of the lifts that serve the hotel bedrooms, and also the room that you had is on a floor that only has 5 bedrooms, and we get a lot of requests for this upgraded bedrooms as they are so quiet.

I know that you dined in Nelson's bar on the evening that you were here, and spoken to the Bar Manager as well during your stay, and again I am sorry that the food did not meet your expectations, as again we get a lot of positive feedback in connection with Nelson's bar.

Once again many thanks for your review.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I was one of a party of 41 people who spent Christmas at this spa hotel. The food was delicious, the staff very helpful and always polite and professional. I had an Executive Room which was very large and spacious with a lovely view over the countryside. This hotel is child and pet friendly however I did have to complain about the noise in the corridor to the staff on a couple of occasions. This complaint was dealt with very tactfully by the staff and I didnt need to take an alternative room I was offered, although one of our party had to. The programme of events over Christmas was just right and the violinist entertainer on Christmas night was excellent as was the singer on Boxing night. This was my second visit over Christmas and if I returned I would have to be assured that families were well away from the main part of the hotel! Apart from noisy neighbours I had an excellent stay!

Room Tip: if you want peace and quiet then ask for a room well away from family rooms or function suite!
  • Stayed December 2016, travelled solo
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Many thanks for your 5* review, following your recent stay with us over the Christmas period.

It was good to read your review, and to see what an enjoyable time you had with us over the Christmas period, and how the food, staff and entertainment all met your expectations.

It was also nice to see that you enjoyed your executive room as well, we have a wide and varied range of room types here at the hotel, and the executive rooms are certainly amongst our most popular.

I am sorry that you experienced some noise, as it can sometimes be a challenge to control other people's noise levels, however it was good to see that the staff dealt with the issue to your satisfaction.

I do hope we can welcome you back again next year, and once again many thanks for your kind review.

uk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I visited for 2 nights in between Xmas and new year for a wedding and had a lovely stay. Beautiful hotel, so clean and comfortable, beautifully decorated with Xmas decorations and the grounds are lovely. Plenty of parking.

The wedding was set up beautifully. The food was amazing and the staff were so helpful and attentive.

Beds were lovely and comfortable. Rooms were spotless. I stayed bed and breakfast and the breakfasts were lovely with lots of choice and the dining room was gorgeous. Would definitely stay here again.

The staff in this hotel are all lovely and so helpful and polite.

Didn't get chance to use the spa facilities but would definitely come back here to give them a go!!

Stayed December 2016, travelled with friends
Many thanks for your 5* review, following your recent stay with us whilst attending a wedding here at The Grosvenor Pulford Hotel & Spa.

It was really pleasing to read your review, and to see what an enjoyable time you had with us, and it was nice to see that the decor, food and helpful staff all met your expectations.

I do hope we can welcome you back sometime soon, when you can then get the chance to experience the Spa facilities as well.

Once again many thanks for your kind words.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed at the Grosvenor in Pulford for two nights in November for my boyfriends birthday and the hotel was fabulous but we had a terrible nights sleep on the Saturday night! We stayed in an executive suite (69) instead of a normal double room as it was a special occasion and we hugely regretted it on the night! There were Christmas parties on in the hotel and when we got to bed around 11.30 the noise from the party was ridiculous, it felt like we were in the party we could hear clearly every song that was played and even what the dj was saying! Around 12am I rang down to reception to ask what time the party would be on till and was told it would be on until 1am and when I asked why nobody told us when we checked in that there would be noise until this time I was told it was in the terms and conditions on the booking confirmation and it says that there could be noise up until midnight, however this is completely useless as you've already paid for the room when you get this and the party was on till 1am and not midnight which is very misleading. We had an early start the next morning so this completely ruined our nights sleep and our day out the next day. I would really advise the hotel to tell you when you check in if there will be noise as it really ruined our weekend and left me feeling completely ripped off after spending so much money for a stay here.
The breakfast was ok nothing special and on both mornings there was no bacon or beans when we went down.
The hotel is beautiful but definitely not worth the price!

Stayed November 2016, travelled as a couple
Michelle, many thanks for your review, following your recent stay with us.

I am sorry that on this occasion you did not enjoy your stay with us.

I have checked your booking, and you had booked via one of our 3rd party partners, and it does state on both the room details and the main part of the booking page that some noise maybe heard until approx 12.30am from certain rooms. I will however take on board your comments and look at getting the wording changed, so that it does cover upto the odd occasion that it is on until 1.00am

I am also slightly surprised about your comments regarding breakfast as we get a lot of positive comments regarding this, and with regards to the lack of bacon and beans, then I can only presume that this is down to the fact that they had all been used off the buffet, however I am sure that the team were in the process of replenishing these, and I am again sorry that it gave the impression that we had run out.

Once again many thanks for your review.

Leicester
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stayed here on 10th December. We found the hotel to be very clean, and welcoming. We had booked a spa break and the service was fantastic. I think it was expensive but we felt we had a good day in the spa. The hotel was extremely busy whilst we were there, especially when we ate in Nelsons Bar in the evening as I believe it was the night before a wedding but the service never faultered. We upgraded our room and it was very clean, it was a room with an upstairs although unfortunately our neighbours were very noisy and we constantly heard banging doors, loud people, (I think it may have been the wedding party). All in all would definitely recommend.

• Stayed December 2016, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Many thanks for your review, following your recent Spa break with us at The Grosvenor Pulford Hotel & Spa

It was nice to see that you overall enjoyed your stay with us, and that you found the upgrade to one of our Deluxe Spiral rooms nice and clean.

I am sorry about the slight noise issue that you encountered, as I do hope you can appreciate sometimes the noise from other guests is outside of our control.