We came here for a leisurely weekend break, just to chill and have a mooch around Chester. The hotel is very easy to get to, about 5 miles from Chester, with a large car park adjacent.
The room was quite small but well equipped, and nicely furnished. Good powerful shower and nice range of toiletries. Downsides of the room were the cobwebs in one corner, dusty fan cover and stains on the duvet and walls. But minor niggles all the same.
The spa area is excellent. We only did the swim and jacuzzi but it was very nicely designed and laid out, the pool and jacuzzi were beautifully warm. There is also a steam room and spa and gym. Didn't bother with any spa treatments, but the whole area was very stylish.
There are two eating places. The brasserie only does a carvery on a sunday so we visited Nelson's bar which has a gastropub feel. The food was excellent, about £12-£15 for a main but good portions and delicious.
Helpful staff all round, friendly and efficient. We left feeling very relaxed and pleased with our choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award winning Grosvenor Pulford Hotel & Spa with its beautiful 19th Century original building has been tastefully and expertly extended to incorporate a vast range of facilities and accommodation. Nestled in the Cheshire countryside this hotel is ideally located just a five minute drive from Chester's historic city centre, yet a stone's throw from the border of Wales. Privately owned, this four star hotel offers 73 bedrooms all with en-suite facilities, while two restaurants provide guests with a choice of dining. The AA Rosette awarded Ciro's Brasserie is a magnificent Mediterranean themed restaurant specialising in modern European cuisine cooked using fresh, seasonal, local produce, while Nelson's Bar, the hotel's gastro-pub offers traditional ales and a wide selection of bar meals. Within the hotel is also Spa by Kasia, the North West's most exclusive and opulent spa. This luxury retreat offers 6 indulgent treatment suites, 3 relaxation rooms, a couple's VIP suite, traditional Hamman, Roman style swimming pool, Jacuzzi, steam room, sauna, gymnasium, outdoor tennis court, Spa Boutique, Spa Eatery, and the unique and stunning Asian Sensory Garden. This welcoming hotel, with its stunning backdrop of the welsh mountains, is the perfect base from which to explore the beauty of Wales, Cheshire, the famous Roman city of Chester and The Wirral. There is an abundance of local attractions in and around the surrounding area, which include Chester Cathedral, Chester Race Course, Chester Zoo, Blue Planet Aquarium, McArthur Glen Designer Outlet, Beeston Castle, Castles of North Wales, Tatton Park, Ness Botanical Gardens and many more! The hotel offers ample free parking and complimentary internet access throughout and is easily accessible from the motorway network A55, M53, M56 and M6, and the international airports of Manchester and Liverpool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Grosvenor Pulford Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grosvenor Pulford Hotel Chester
- Grosvenor Pulford Hotel And Spa
- Grosvenor Pulford Chester
- Hotel Grosvenor Pulford
- Grosvenor Pulford Hotel & Spa Chester, Cheshire