1,969 results
All reviews nelsons bar spiral staircase japanese garden ciros restaurant sunday carvery executive room afternoon tea lovely hotel wedding venue steam room and sauna wedding guests my partner leisure facilities reception area relaxing break couldn't fault special occasion
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I asked my wife what she would like to do for her 60th birthday and she suggested a Pamper & Prosecco package here for the two of us. Well...it was simply fabulous!!

The whole experience from check in to check out was pretty close to perfect. The room was nicely presented with chilled Prosecco on arrival, 4 poster bed, large stand alone bath in a wet room with the most amazing shower. We ate at The Nelson, which is the hotels restaurant and the food was exceptional as was the service. We can recommend the sticky barbeque ribs to start, cooked to perfection! A couple of burgers to follow and finishing with a sticky toffee pudding to share completed a stunning meal.

Our pamper day started in the Palm Court restaurant for a buffet breakfast then off to the Kasia Spa. This was a completely new experience for me and guys, we gotta do more of this, it was fantastic! Relaxing in the rooms, the smells, the sound of water and seriously, leave your phone in the changing room and just chill out completely. My treatment was with Bibi and she was superb, we intend going back and I shall ask for her every time. We chose the afternoon tea with our package and again, this was stunning. I realise it's probably starting to sound like they've paid me to write this but seriously, apart form a couple of little hiccups the experience was amazing and I would recommend it to anyone. Well done to all.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Christmas Party, poor service, rude staff and STONE COLD food.

Paid £40 for a three course meal. Food was bland, 4 of the 7 on my table had stone cold food and returned to the kitchen. This meant some had finished their meal before the reheated food was brought back (idea was to have a meal together). When approaching staff to explain reason for complaint I was told it was due to the number of people. Not rocket science .....if you cant cater for the number of people to ensure good preferably "HOT" food do not accept booking.

** ADVICE to the restaurant...improve menu, serve "HOT" food and improve your customer service **

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Andy R
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

My Retirement Lunch was held in the Belgrave Suite at the Grosvenor Pulford Hotel yesterday & was absolutely amazing. Everything, from the decoration of the room to the attendance of the staff, to the delicious food, was lovely & enjoyed by all 40 of us present
It certainly was a day to remember. Thanks must go to Ben & his team whose attendance at the meal was second to none, but very special thanks must go to Nia Roston the Events Manager. Yesterday was the second event which Nia has organised for me & nothing was too much trouble for her - she truly is a gem & an asset to the company and I am extremely grateful to her (I'm looking forward to the next time I have something to celebrate!) Ruth Cooke

1  Thank Ruth C
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Went with work colleagues for a Xmas gathering, well, to say the palm staff in charge was rude is an understatement! I was a woman on her own looking for my colleagues and he was rude and abrupt! Dismissing me! My colleagues were in there, thankfully the lady on reception came with me and helped. The service was slow and staff abrupt when taking our orders. We say and heard senior staff shouting at junior staff on 3 occasions!! A horrible atmosphere for a Xmas meal. Senior staff need a lesson on how to manage staff and stress and stop being such bullies!! Won’t ever recommend this place it’s just a beautiful venue with senior staff that ruin it.

2  Thank Phyllis H
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Works Christmas party last night...we were all impressed with the overal Christmas feel of the grosvenor suite, the food was served efficiently with no one waiting for their meals...the photo booth was good and went down very well..the entertainment was excellent good fun along with a great Freddie Mercury tribute...overall a brilliant night with lots of dancing..thanks to all the staff who got in the spirit to make it a great night.