2,039 results
All reviews nelsons bar spiral staircase the palm court japanese garden ciros restaurant sunday carvery executive room afternoon tea lovely hotel wedding venue steam room and sauna wedding guests leisure facilities my partner buffet style relaxing break the pub
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

A last minute booking and must say we were very impressed! The staff were very friendly and our superior room was amazing! The only downfall was, that our room (73) was over the function room and when we went to bed, it was very noisy. Once we made reception aware, they were very understanding and moved us to a different room the following morning.
We ate in the palm court Restaraunt both nights and was equally impressed! Beautifully decorated and a lovely relaxing atmosphere. The chef was very accommodating and offered plenty of gluten free options for me to choose from. Very friendly staff, especially Rose, an asset to your team! She was very helpful and welcoming.
I had a treatment in the spa which was lovely. I would highly recommend this hotel and we will definitely be returning!

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
NelsonHotels, Marketing Assistant at Grosvenor Pulford Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 days ago

Hello there,

Thank you very much for your excellent review. In particular, I'll be happy to pass on your kind comments about Rose, who will be delighted to be recognized for her hard work. We're so glad you enjoyed your visit and look forward to welcoming you again soon!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

fantastic hotel and spa ,great rooms ,great staff,lovely swimming pool /sauna/steam room,cracking breakfast ,great choice to eat,very good food in the pub area,all food was excellent ,lovely grounds outside all very well kept ,inside the hotel was immaculate ,this is probably the best hotel we have stayed in anywhere in the world ,staff were fantastic everyone of them we met/spoke to etc,a very classy hotel and spa ,we will definately be staying there again ,it is a very large hotel complex ,couldnt find a single fault anywhere ,keep up the high standards and the good work ,

Room tip: room 25 ,excellent excecutive room ,
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Hello there,

Thank you very much for your kind review. We're so glad you enjoyed your visit and look forward to welcoming you again soon!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Really nice hotel with the highlight being the quality of the rooms which have all been recently upgraded. The pub/bar is pretty good but I thought the restaurant (Palm Court) decor was a bit odd and doesn’t really work.

Breakfast was ok (buffet) but some of my colleagues moaned that it was a bit greasy. Coffee wasn’t great, I’m afraid.

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Ian W

Hello Ian,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review Grosvenor Pulford Hotel and Spa. We appreciate your recognition of our newly-refurbished rooms and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay. We've received lots of positive feedback about Palm Court restaurant, but I was sorry to read that your group were not entirely satisfied with breakfast. I will be sure to pass these comments on to the kitchen and breakfast team. Thanks again for visiting, and we hope to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This was a typical standard hotel room, flat screen, clean, modern etc. I found it to be very quiet (which I loved) and the decor was smart - it looked as though it had been recently refurbished. Internet was iffy. I booked under a corporate discounted rate and was told on the phone that breakfast was included. Unfortunately, on getting there that changed to there being an additional charge for breakfast. Check my reviews and you'll see that I'm generally positive about the places I visit, however on this occasion I would like to draw attention to the lack of organisation in their Nelson restaurant. Admittedly there were 27 of us (corporate event) but that really shouldn't be an excuse for leaving anyone without their starter until most of the other guests had finished their main course. At first, I was told that someone else had taken my pre-ordered starter but when I approached that person after the meal, he told me that he hadn't and he wasn't given his starter either. My point is that nobody was in charge. Waiters were walking around the tables with meals asking who wanted them. But, they had a list of everyone's names and their meal choices. It wouldn't have been rocket science for one of the waiters to tell the waiters the names of the people they were meant for as they were brought in. The other disappointing thing was that when they said I now had two choices as a veggie, I could either wait for them to bake another avocado or they could quickly pour a bowl of soup, I took the latter option. However, after waiting another 15 minutes I complained, only to be told that they were serving 27 people, and their serving pass was "quite small". I HATE complaining in restaurants. Making a fuss in front of the other guests would not be my normal style. Of course, this made things even worse for me. Not only did I have nothing to eat for 40 minutes (after a 6-hour drive there), I now looked like a 'complainer'. The kind of person I would hate to be sat next to in a restaurant - especially if they were at the same table. Not good! Food wasn't bad. The soup and cheese were better than the Katzu curry. That lacked seasoning and I wouldn't want it again.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank johnnyd21
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

After being welcomed by a very stern receptionist, aggressively explaining that we had an outstanding balance (we booked on the hotel booking system where it had asked for the full amount to be paid) and blaming the booking platform we used. After all this had been rectified, we got to the room. The room was missing gowns and slippers, bath bombs, the tv didn't work, there was damage everywhere including rips in the wallpaper and stains on the lampshades. The food was good but again, attention to detail was poor. Jam on the sugar bowl, chocolate on the milk jug, the wait was too long. The bar area needed attention as old age was definitely setting in in the pub. Overall, for the money, there are better places to stay near Chester.

Date of stay: November 2018