“Fantastic experience”

Harthill Cookery School
Ranked #1 of 2 Food & Drink in Chester
More attraction details
Owner description: Set in the grade II-listed Victorian village school at Harthill and enjoying panoramic views out across the Cheshire countryside, Harthill Cookery School is a new venture from Master Chef of Great Britain Brian Mellor. You find here one week or weekend cookery courses for basic cooking skills such as baking, bread making, chocolate, cooking with fish or meat, teens cooking clubs. It is a vibrant centre for professionals and public to indulge their passion for food.
Reviewed 9 July 2013

This was a 100% unexpected oportunity to enjoy a cookery course.
The location was the first thing that amazed us, And after that, we felt welcome and like at home at all time.
Brian and specially Irina have been friendly and the perfect hosts!
We highly recomend everyone to visit Harthill Cookery School, it is an experience you will be looking forward to repeat.

1  Thank Rosa B

Reviewed 23 June 2013

It's difficult to write a true review of my days cooking course as I fear I may not be able to fully express how warm and welcome Brian and Irina made me feel. The quality of the course (advanced knife skills), was beyond my expectations and taught me a few extra skills I hadn't already carried out. The quality of ingredients used seemed to be of excellent quality and Brian's skills as a raconteur and teacher were excellent. I would highly recommend Harthill Cookery School for an experience based day, and the best thing was (to my surprise), that you got to take home what you made.. This made my wife and children very happy. Please give them a chance even if you think it's beyond your current skill levels as Brian makes it very simple to follow and the other guests on my course were of varying abilities, therefore you didn't feel like you had to "keep up", but could just find your own tempo. As a proud Yorkshireman, it also wasn't too "posh" as to feel beyond what I would normally eat, albeit Brian if you read this "muscles, shmussles". A great day out and highly recommended.

1  Thank ChesterGolfBoy
Reviewed 5 May 2013

I have just returned from another visit to Harthill Cookery School and the second expeerience was equally as good as the first. Brian is a knowledgeable and entertaining chef who makes the day well worthwhile, not to forget Irina and her amazing biscuits. Will be back for my next course soon I hope.

1  Thank CHRISTINEDWirral
Reviewed 4 May 2013

A friend and I attended the Sauces, Marinades and Rubs event today. The course was impeccable in content, professional in execution - and really good fun.

With just eight course members, we were able to learn techniques in detail, ask questions, and learn from mistakes. The dishes chosen covered cuisines from at least three continents, using quality ingredients, and the sort of equipment we have at home.

Irina's organisation skills were faultless, and the whole atmosphere was warm and welcoming.

Above all, however, the course was a testament to the skills of Brian Mellor, whose expertise was delivered in an enthusiastic and patient manner. He is not only an excellent chef: he is also an outstanding tutor.

Recommended unreservedly.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

I've just had a wonderful day at the Spring Seasonal Dinner Party cookery school. Wonderful dishes cooked (crab cakes, homemade watercress mayonnaise & melba toast, chicken and asparagus strudel, rock salt & rosemary potatoes and peas, pancetta & lettuce, and custard parfait with poached rhubarb), everything tasted amazing. I received this as a gift and I would certainly recommend to others and I hope to return in the future.

1  Thank 172CarolJ