“Nothing was too much trouble”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chester
Homeleigh Guest House
Ranked #42 of 76 Chester B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 August 2014

This is a lovely B&B with owners who are so accommodating and friendly that nothing seems too much bother. I arrived after a nightmare journey and was going to be late for a commitment in town; within minutes my host had sorted me out a map and called a taxi. (There was a delicious smell of baking bread as I arrived - a wonderful aroma to come in to.) On return it's a very pleasant 20 minute walk from town, past the race-course and over the river. The area itself is quiet and leafy, and easy to navigate.

The garden behind the building is glorious, with fantastically quirky topiary! Plenty of parking space, too. My room, although small, was filled with all sorts of thoughtful touches; hand cream, bottled water, face-wipes, etc etc. There was a varied tea and coffee selection, which included generous amounts of biscuits, Galaxy hot chocolate etc. The only thing I might have wished for is a couple of nice toiletries in the bathroom, as there was a multi-purpose gel in the shower rather than separate shampoo and soap. My room was at the back of the house and looked onto the quiet garden, so I had a good night's sleep.

A delicious cooked breakfast in the morning was ready at a pre-arranged time, and the dining room was well-stocked with fruit, yoghurts, juices and cereals.

At Homeleigh I really did feel like I was staying in someone's home. This is the kind of B&B which, thanks to the kindness and thoughtfulness of its hosts, makes me want to travel in England much more! I hope to stay here again one day.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 5 August 2014

For the price, the room, and the service you really can't beat this place. The owners are very nice and accommodating, especially with breakfast food requests. We stayed in the family room which was the largest room we stayed in for our travels in England and the bathroom was the best as well. Place was charming and very lovely, was also nicely situated just outside the central part of Chester and if you don't mind walking a little bit you could easily stroll into nearby Handbridge for some food. Really the only ding on this place is trying to figure out how to book it, in the end I just made my reservation through email correspondence and all was well.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We stayed here for one night at the end of June. The guest house is lovely as are the hosts, nothing was too much trouble. Our room was very spacious even though it held a double bed and a single. The bathroom was a little old fashioned but this did not interfere with us having a great time! Complimentary biscuits, tea / coffee and bottled water are in the room which is a nice touch also there is an ironing board and iron available on each floor. Breakfast was amazing, I have never seen so much choice on a menu. We had the full English but the waffles looked gorgeous. The guest house is about a 15 to 20 minute stroll into town, so not too bad and there is also parking available. Overall, this is a lovely place to stay.

Room Tip: Overlooking the rear of the hotel are the best rooms, and I think a couple of them have a balcony.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Stayed here last weekend. , great value for money. Hosts couldn't do enough.it is a spotless clean B&B. Free parking and a great choice for breakfast. Only 10 mins walk into centre of Chester.
I will certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Just a few minutes walk from Chester racecourse. Very welcoming owners. It is a spotless clean traditional B&B. Rooms are fine with tea & coffee, bottled water and even jar of cookies. Full English breakfast was world class. It has plenty of free parking.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We only stayed for one night, we wish it had been more.Close to Chester Centre and short walk to racecourse which is were we had been. Lovely room with everything you could need with little extras such as biscuits, hand cream, tissues all those little things that make the room seem so much more comfortable. Great breakfast with huge choice. Only one small gripe, only one armchair in the room we had to take turns.!! We will definitely return when we visit the racecourse again.

Room Tip: Our room (3) overlooked the lovely garden and was a large family room.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here last weekend for the Races, & we loved it. We stayed in room 2 (Double) which was spotless, spacious and well equipped, with a lovely view of the beautiful gardens. Colin and Judy were terrific, & always on hand for anything we needed. There was a vast choice for breakfast, we had a full English the 1st morning & the salmon fishcakes the 2nd morning. Both were delicious & the portions were hearty. The racecourse is a 10 min stroll and town is a 20 min stoll, with good bus links if you dont fancy the walk. All in all a fantastic guest house and great value for money. Cant wait to stay again!! A*****

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple