“Disgusting”

US$182.28*
and up
Chester Independent Day Trip by Train from London
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I have visited this venue for many years, specifically the swimming pool.i have noticed a distinct lack of improvement to the pool area however on this occasion I was discussed

Not sure if it's a lack of money,resource etc but this complex appears to be in a very bad state of repair.

1. The changing facilities were filthy, and I mean filthy, walls black with grime, the floor tiles embedded with dirt.
2. The pool was not at a pleasant temperature, in fact on par to an outside pool, brrrrrrr
3 The water was unclear due to the amount of debris floating in it. It was unbelievably murky. Hair, skin, plasters, it was only missing a shopping trolly. My skin began to itch that much I had to quickly get out.
4. The showers are useless & dirty so too the toilets and my states the female changing was equally as appalling.

Overall I will never set foot in this swimming baths until it has had some investment to improve the facility.

Come on guys it's 2014 not 1975.

3  Thank Jimmymode A

Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

I have just got back from northgate arena. I visited with my 9yr old son, even he noticed how dirty and dingy it was! We usually go to Wrexham and are never dissatisfied but decided on a change..... Never again, the slide wasnt working, there is no area for actual swimming, just bodies diving and bombing every where. The staff looked so miserable it was unreal and the water was salty and weird. The changing rooms were disgusting too.
Go to Wrexham, this is a dump.

1  Thank Ally M
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

I live in chester went swimming here for the firstime in about 4 years

Bottom of the pool was full of muck
Changing rooms are dirty
Male toilets stink and in need of a good clean

So if you would like a veruca or somthing nasty like that this is the place to go

Also this place hasnt changed all that much in the last 25years ive visited very outdated

Tbh it needs flatening and rebuilding

1  Thank James H
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Great swimming pool for all types, kids especially, seating round pool for non-swimmers too. Loads of other activities available too. disliked car parking, very difficult to park and drove around for ages waiting for a space.

Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

20 years ago I last visited this place as a teenager.

Nothing has changed.. And it should.

Everything is brown and outdated.. Everything needs a good refurb.

Has a good schedule of events.. But the outdated decor and facilities makes everything feel miserable.

Maybe it's just me.