The York Roast Co
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I had the vegetarian Yorkshire Pudding and my husband had the turkey no bread sandwich. Decent prices for the U.K. and food was very good. Staff friendly. Tables - not many, close together. A couple long ones so you might have to sit with strangers. Not really room for back to back chairs at the 2 long tables. Would definitely eat there again in spite of the poor seating. Didn't spot the York restaurant when there, or I would have eaten at that one too.

Note: This is a 'modern' Yorkshire Pudding. The traditional Yorkshire pudding has no food inside and is more like a popover.

Reviewed 1 September 2013

we came for our first visit to chester and couldn't find anything that served a hot cheap and cheerful meal .... until we came across York Roast .... we ordered yorkshire puddings with beef and .... thoroughly enjoyed the meal .... very tasty and filling .... the staff were rushed off their feet, but extremely polite .... it had a really nice atmosphere and we will be goin back again taking an extra 2 .... thank you ....

1  Thank mowahya
Reviewed 24 July 2013

Ok so I ordered a pork roll, and the roll was fresh, the meat was really nice as was the apple sauce but it was a complete rip off at £5. There's a pound bakery next door - I suggest you try this instead if you want excellent value for money!
(P.S. had a dippy tummy the next day - might not of been from here but something to keep in mind...)

sashachadwick12, Owner at The York Roast Co, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2013

Many thanks for your review. I just want to point out that it costs £3.99 for a pork sandwich and not £5.00 as you stated. We have a 5 star food safety record and your comment is purely speculative.

Reviewed 9 July 2013

We ate here during the day and were pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food. The 'take away' format is a bit mess and the wooden cutlery could be better

Reviewed 28 June 2013

Went to Chester for the day and was going to have a leisurely lunch somewhere but as it was pouring with rain we got seduced by the look of the roasted meats in the window! I really wish we hadn't bothered and in hindsight really wish I had complained to the staff about the quality! There really isn't much to go wrong with a hot roast sandwich you wouldn't think?! Wrong! Rolls that had been frozen to within an inch of their lives and therefore break up when eating and have a horrible texture! Cold stuffing on a hot sandwich, this is a particular no no for me as I don't like cold sandwiches especially not meat ones. For 2 sandwiches, a small portion of roast potatoes (which were also gross!) and a can of coke cost just under a tenner, absolute rip off. Avoid at all costs!!!