“Tasty Treat”

Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 27 October 2013

During a recent visit to Chester I ate at this place. Was not disappointed. The roast beef with stuffing and horseradish sauce was excellent, along with the vegetables I selected. Found the staff courteous but the dining space was a little cramped. I considered that I got value for the 11 pounds that it cost. Excellent coffee as well.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

The pork with dressing bap was delicious, and a bargain at 4 pounds. For 25p more, you can get cracklings, which are good but could break your teeth. All of us were pleased with our choices. A bit tight in the dining area, but we were just there for a quick bite.

Reviewed 16 October 2013 via mobile

We had roast pork baps and a bottle of water each (not even a expensive make!) and we sat in. Now it was early in the day so the lunch time rush hadn't started either. I'm afraid our baps were cold and very unappetising and for the honour of eating here it cost nearly £15 so beware they charge hilarious prices for every tiny thing.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

I had the vegetarian Yorkshire Pudding and my husband had the turkey no bread sandwich. Decent prices for the U.K. and food was very good. Staff friendly. Tables - not many, close together. A couple long ones so you might have to sit with strangers. Not really room for back to back chairs at the 2 long tables. Would definitely eat there again in spite of the poor seating. Didn't spot the York restaurant when there, or I would have eaten at that one too.

Note: This is a 'modern' Yorkshire Pudding. The traditional Yorkshire pudding has no food inside and is more like a popover.

Reviewed 1 September 2013

we came for our first visit to chester and couldn't find anything that served a hot cheap and cheerful meal .... until we came across York Roast .... we ordered yorkshire puddings with beef and .... thoroughly enjoyed the meal .... very tasty and filling .... the staff were rushed off their feet, but extremely polite .... it had a really nice atmosphere and we will be goin back again taking an extra 2 .... thank you ....

1  Thank mowahya