“Promises so much delivers so little”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of The York Roast Co

The York Roast Co
Ranked #367 of 553 Restaurants in Chester
Price range: US$0 - US$5
Cuisines: Fast food, British
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Chester, United Kingdom
“Promises so much delivers so little”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

I had eaten at the York Hog Roast some 3 months ago and been thoroughly disappointed but I thought I would give them a second chance, I wish I hadn't bothered. The joints of meat in the window look so tempting but once inside the very cramped cafe the temptation soon goes.
I ordered a pork bap with extra crackling and as I don't like dry food asked for some butter.
Not only did they not have any butter when it came it was without the crackling and as dry as a bone. The nice young waitress took it back and suggested some gravy, the bap returned with 4 small pieces of what can only be described as "pork scratchings" and a bap so soggy with gravy as to be inedible. Needless to say the York Hog roast will not be getting a third chance.

• Visited October 2013

Melbourne, Australia
“Tasty Treat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

During a recent visit to Chester I ate at this place. Was not disappointed. The roast beef with stuffing and horseradish sauce was excellent, along with the vegetables I selected. Found the staff courteous but the dining space was a little cramped. I considered that I got value for the 11 pounds that it cost. Excellent coffee as well.

• Visited September 2013
Rochester NY
“Great sandwich”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

The pork with dressing bap was delicious, and a bargain at 4 pounds. For 25p more, you can get cracklings, which are good but could break your teeth. All of us were pleased with our choices. A bit tight in the dining area, but we were just there for a quick bite.

• Visited October 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Rip off ”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013 via mobile

We had roast pork baps and a bottle of water each (not even a expensive make!) and we sat in. Now it was early in the day so the lunch time rush hadn't started either. I'm afraid our baps were cold and very unappetising and for the honour of eating here it cost nearly £15 so beware they charge hilarious prices for every tiny thing.

Southfield, Michigan
“Yummy UK Fast Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

I had the vegetarian Yorkshire Pudding and my husband had the turkey no bread sandwich. Decent prices for the U.K. and food was very good. Staff friendly. Tables - not many, close together. A couple long ones so you might have to sit with strangers. Not really room for back to back chairs at the 2 long tables. Would definitely eat there again in spite of the poor seating. Didn't spot the York restaurant when there, or I would have eaten at that one too.

Note: This is a 'modern' Yorkshire Pudding. The traditional Yorkshire pudding has no food inside and is more like a popover.

• Visited September 2013