Gateway to Wales Hotel
Official Site
US$74
US$64
Priceline
All reviewsdays hotelleisure clubblue planet aquariumsteam room and saunasmall poolnorth waleswell equipped gymwould stay againmain roadcheshire oakslick of paintfriendly hotelvery pleasant staystayed here for one nightdouble roomcourse mealbuffet style
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 March 2011

We had our wedding reception here and were shocked by the standard which excelled everything we could of imagined, soooo highly recommended and it would be a pleasure to go back either for a meal or to stay again as all the staff were soo friendly. Thank you sooo much

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank mrshough11
Reviewed 2 January 2011

We stayed at this hotel as it was 10 mins away from a mates pub and needed somewhere to stay New Years eve and New Years day. We booked the hotel a day before our planned trip. The hotel is located very close to a main road, and not what i would consider 'pretty' on the outside. Once inside we were greeted by the Manager, the hotel reception was clean, airy with tv playing quiet music with large sofas and areas where you could sit for a coffee, there was free newspapers to read. The hotel was reasonably busy with families meeting for New Year. Our rooms were quite large, comfortable bed and clean bathroom. The tv was fitted onto the bed, some channels not working. Our room overlooked a 'garden' and some houses. The room wwas warm with sufficient lighting. We decided to stay for dinner as the reviews were good, I was absolutely delighted with my fish and chips - huge and tasty!!!! I wasn't expecting much as we booked last minute and didin't want to go out in the cold searching for restaurants. My partner had Balti chicken which was served with naan bread and rice, again really delicious! We booked a taxi which arrived within 2 minutes, so again, very handy. The following day we went to the spa, it was warm, despite advertising a heating problem, clean with large changing rooms. A swimming pool which was empty, sauna, steam room and jacoozi. All in all this proved very relaxing before dinner. We opted to stay again for dinner as we were a little hung over. I had a burger and fries and my partner had chicken, again which was large, hearty and delicious. We then had Brioche bread and butter pudding. The staff were very curteous and freidnly, always asking if everything was ok. We also ate breakfast, which I again would describe as delicious - grilled bacon, good quality sausages, hash brown, beans, tomaotes. as well as tasty croissants and a good selection of pastries and real juice!! In all, I loved the stay here. I wasn't expecting much as we had booked very late, and from the outside it didn't look much. All of this was made up by very friendly staff, good quality food, all of the hotel tidy and FREE wifi. I would recommned this hotel again and will certainly look out for this chain again. On checking out the Manageress even waylaid the breakfast price for both of us for New Years day - fab !!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank britnix
Reviewed 28 October 2010

My company booked me in and i must say that on arrival i didn't think much of the location (adjacent the motorway) However the staff were excellent, the food was absolutely outstanding and great value too.
I stayed for seven days on busines and not once did the high standards drop, my room was always well prepped each day ... staff were always friendly and helpfull ... Breakfast and evening meals (particularily the evening meals) were outstanding interms of quality and value for money.
Very well run ...

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
4  Thank Piperrory
Reviewed 18 September 2010

We stayed for a one night break on a dinner, bed and breakfast rate, which on the face of it seemed good value, but I would rather have gone elsewhere. It did not start well as when we arrived there was no parking availability and we had to park over the road at a rather 'dodgy pub'. When the 'over the top' receptionist asked for our car registration plate, I informed her that we hadn't been able to find a space to park and had parked across the roas, she then informed us that they didn't have CCTV across the road and she wouldn't recommend parking there and there was a party in the hotel and it wasn't likely that anyone would be moving soon. Ermmmm, what were we supposed to do then? We did manage to find a space in the end, however it was not a good start. The room was overlooking the main road, which is where we had begged not to be, both in the reservation and by emailing the hotel, and it was very, very noisey. The double glazing units need updating, but the room was large, well equipped and clean..... The evening meal was average, but the restaurant is like a corridor with staff coming and going, customers using the bar at the side of you and full lights on, not intimate and not comfortable. To be fair by the time we had a bottle of wine and got to bed, it all didn't seem so bad, but I wouldn't go again and please do not go to the terrible pub across the road. Breakfast was OK, but basic and at £10.95 per person if you are room only not good value for money!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank dippydired
Reviewed 24 August 2010

From the moment we arrived at the hotel we were treated like royalty and we received such a lovely welcome. The staff had everything under control and we didn’t have to worry about a thing. The reception room looked absolutely stunning and Matt did a great job hosting! The food and the buffet were amazing and the evening just flowed along nicely right up to the last minute.
The atmosphere was so relaxing and everybody enjoyed being there. Also, the rooms were very comfortable, in fact all of the guests that stayed overnight said they enjoyed their stay. The breakfast was superb and your staff did a fantastic job in looking after everybody.
We, and all of our guests have nothing but praise and we would recommend anybody to have a wedding reception, or any other function with the Days Hotel.
The whole day was perfect a big THANK YOU to all the staff and especially to Matt for all his hard work.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple