Gateway to Wales Hotel
US$65
Travelocity
US$116
PremierInn.com
All reviewsdays hotelleisure clubblue planet aquariumsteam room and saunasmall poolnorth waleswell equipped gymwould stay againmain roadcheshire oakslick of paintfriendly hotelvery pleasant staystayed here for one nightdouble roomcourse mealbuffet style
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 October 2011

Used this hotel as a base for exploring Chester,North Wales and Liverpool and was really impressed with the friendly service,nothing was too much trouble for the staff and was always greeted with a smile!I booked on a DBB special and have to say the food was fantastic on all 3 nights I ate in the restaurant and as for the breakfasts,there was a great choice and freshly cooked!!
After reading some of the reviews I thought that my room would be noisy with traffic but never heard a thing....
All in all I would definately return to this hotel the next time I am in the area!
Credit to all the staff,keep up the good work!!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Judith W
Reviewed 9 October 2011

I went with a friend on the groupon offer for the Garra Ruffa Fish treatment and Lunch. We used the Leisure Club. Although the pool was quite small it was very nice and bright and clean. The steam room and sauna too are small but just the job. The fish experience was great, a corner set aside for this, where we enjoyed a latte and cappacino. Then a lovley lunch in the restaurant. All sorted by Mary! She was on reception when we arrived, sorted out soft plump towels for leisure, set us up for our fish treatment, served the coffees, took our lunch order, drinks and coffee! All whilst efficiently answering the phone and helping on reception. I have passed the hotel many times, but was very impressed with the facilities, and how bright and fresh the hotel seemed. Throughly enjoyed the experience and would highly recommend.

Room Tip: We did not stay
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank NellyJ68
Reviewed 24 September 2011

I travel to Chester for work quite often and on this occasion my normal hotel was fully booked so this was a real gamble.

Based on previous reveiws I did ask for an quiet upstairs room - and that's what I was given - there was some road noise with the window open but the double glazing was very effective.

The furnishings are basic and I wouldn't recommend this as a holiday hotel but for business it was perfectly adequate. Where they stand out is with the service, nothing was too much trouble - the staff in the restaurant were pleasant and helpful the foood was hot, well cooked and served quickly. The menu is varied - the first place I have seen fish finger butties on offer but there is something for everyone.

Breakfast was hot, freshly prepared and there was a wide variety.

When I visited the spa was being refurbished - but I wasn't there to use the spa so it didn't inconvenience me.

There was even the entertainment of watching a bird of prey being exercised on the playing fields behind the hotel.

Room Tip: As for a room away from the road - and make sure there is a fan when you check in.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 September 2011

we had our wedding reception at the days hotel in deeside , the staff especially kate just couldnt do enough for us from start to finish , sit down meal was served hot & tasty , the room was welcoming & clean , i would defo recommend this hotel to anyone , a big thankyou to matt the manager & A HUGE THANKYOU TO KATE for a wonderful day .

Room Tip: you wont go far wrong whatever room you choose .
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank elvisjon
MattKnight, General Manager at Gateway to Wales Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2011

Congraulations on your wedding, I am delighted that you had a great day on Saturday and that we played a small part in making your special daye memorable. We hope to see you at the hotel again in the near future.

Matt Knight

Reviewed 1 September 2011

We got married on 27th August 2011 and booked our wedding celebration at the hotel. There is just one word we can use to describe the hotel and staff, and that is excellent.

We stayed at the hotel on the night of our wedding and other guests stayed for a couple of nights. Everyone we have spoken to has said how good the hotel was. Speaking from our experience the room we had was very clean and very comfortable. It had everything in it that we needed. The food that we had (both for our reception, evening buffet and the breakfast the following day) was absolutely delicious and the staff did brilliantly in making sure that we were looked after.

We thouroughly enjoyed our stay at the hotel and would have no hesitation in recommending it to anyone else.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Stand72
MattKnight, General Manager at Gateway to Wales Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2011

Thank you for taking the time to comment on the hotel following your recent wedding. I am delighted that your day was just how you planned it and thet we played a small part in your special day.

Many thanks