All reviews leisure club steam room and sauna well equipped gym would stay again main road cheshire oaks stayed here for one night friendly hotel very pleasant stay double room course meal car park yogurt full english tea and coffee tlc
Reviewed 15 June 2012

Due to the nature of my work, I use the Days Hotel Chester North often as a base to travel between Chester, Liverpool and Manchester. Over the past 3years I have stayed here many times, and due to the type of work I do check in times vary from early afternoon to late. The staff on the Reception (whatever the time of day) are always courteous and very helpful.
The rooms are always comfortable and clean, enabling me to re charge my batteries. Breakfasts are always an essential meal of the day for me and here there are plenty of choices for all tastes, from the full English to the healthy option.
The Restaurant has a warm and friendly atmosphere and is always a good place to visit after a long day. Meals are always excellent covering all from steaks to snacks.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Management response:Responded 22 June 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your experinces with the world on Tripadvisor. I am delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stays with us and we hope to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 14 June 2012

As a Director of Welshot Imaging (Photographic Academy) it is my job to find the venues for our business. We need function rooms, bedrooms, excellent food (plenty of it) and good service with staff members that understand our needs and work with us so that we can run our business effectively and efficiently. Well, this venue is one of the best we have ever had the good fortune to work with. They will always go the extra mile to ensure we can do our job.

Not only that, but when we do need a break or a de stress, but need to be close to Liverpool, Chester or Manchester then this is the venue for us. Ok, traffic noise is sometimes an issue, but that's the price you pay for the ease of getting to 3 major (4 if counting North Wales) city locations.

Food more than great and with the spacious rooms I have chilled out and just slept, recharged the batteries or worked in my clean room on more than one occasion. Room service is a given and I am always well and truly looked after.

The fact I can continue to work (Free Wifi) is also very helpful. It's not often you can get free wifi in hotels these days and it makes it a winner for just that... My business depends on it.

I use this venue as a drop in as well, easy to meet clients for a short or long meeting and the coffee is excellent.

Believe me, one of my hardest jobs is to find a "Good" venue, not just rooms and food but also service and as I am obsessed with good service to my clients nothing less will do for me.

I would recommend this venue for anyone but if you are in business then you cant go wrong in my book.

I and my company use this venue at least once per month.

Lee Iggulden
Business Development Director
Welshot Imaging Photographic Academy.

Room tip: Bottom floor and not on the main road side. I also find if I close the window the traffic is not so bad and the good points far out weigh the traffic.
Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Management response:Responded 22 June 2012

Lee, thank you very much for your comments on Tripadvisor, we value your business greatly and your clearly value the service levels that our team provide for you.

I look forward to seeing you at the hotel again soon.

Reviewed 27 May 2012

On arriving our room wasn't ready and we had to wait until 2 in the afternoon before we could get in it. The receptionist was rude and very unhelpful. Our key card didn't work. The bathroom was dirty and the door wouldn't shut properly. The sheets on the bed were very scratchy. Don't get a room on the A550 side due to the noise of heavy traffic. The corridor outside the room was very noisy with people shouting and slamming doors in the early hours of the morning due to a wedding that was taking place. The fish foot cleaning bath situated near to the restaurant was rather off putting. Anyone who is interested in swimming will find themselves very disappointed in the size of the pool. Hotel not fit for a leisure break. We also had to make our own toast for breakfast in the restaurant.

Room tip: Don't book a room on the A550 side of the hotel
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
MattKnight, General Manager at Gateway to Wales Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor and your feedback is extremely welcome. I am obvioulsy dissapointed to read that your stay wasn't everything that you had wished for and I apologise for this. Cleanliness and staff friendliness is something that we take very seriously here and areas that generally we excel in, I again apologise if this wasn't the case during your stay.

We do have a 2pm check in policy to allow us to get our bedrooms ready from the evening before, while still aloowing people to remain in their bedrooms until 11am, we do endevour to get all bedrooms ready as early as possible before 2pm, but we are unable to do this all of the time, hence we we offer a guaranteed check in time from 2pm which is standard practice.

Thanks you once again for your comments and if you would like to discuss further, please do not hesitate to contact me if you would like to discuss further.

Kind regards

Reviewed 8 May 2012

our daughter booked this as a surprise break...and what a surprise we got! Room was comfortable and bigger than expected, with a seperate dressing room too! Restaurant food well presented and tasty at reasonable prices. The swimming pool is just the right size for a swim before dinner and then into the jaccuzzi. A great steam room and sauna which certainly lifted my work stress away!!! Only negative is that it's right off the A550 and although we didn't hear the traffic at night, you new it was there.I wouldn't stay for more than a weekend as there is nothing in the area except a pub and an Indian Restaraunt (all you can eat and drink for £20 pp). Very nice.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jedmo2010
MattKnight, General Manager at Gateway to Wales Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2012

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us at Days Hotel Chester North. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you made full use of our leisure club aswell as our restaurant.

We value your comments greatly and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 15 April 2012

What a lovely clean bolt hole!...restaurant food was fantastic!!!!....3 nights for £100.00 couldn't go wrong!!..... A *

Date of stay: March 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you felt our food was 'fantastic'.

We really do appreciate you taking the time to post your comments and i hope to welocme you back to Days Hotel in the near future.