“Great stay”

Ranked #32 of 44 Hotels in Chester
Ellesmere Port
“Great stay”
Reviewed 28 June 2012

Days Hotel staff were welcoming and friendly, making me feel so at home during my stay. The leisure facilities are fantastic and I was impressed with how clean and tidy everything was kept. I look forward to staying there again and seeing all the staff that I feel I got to know.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
, General Manager at Gateway to Wales Hotel, responded to this review, 10 July 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvsior and I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Matt Knight

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Reviewed 27 June 2012

Went to book this hotel on Booking.com and it states That All Kids under 12 stay free!This was Extremely misleading!I was told by reservations that my 5yr old would be an extra £10 extra for a put up bed!I was told also they could only fit in 1 extra bed and there are no family rooms!So my other child wouldn't be able to come little own be free!! When I queried it I was told they do stay free when it's just 1 child with 1 adult!So in English,All kids can't be free!!

• Stayed July 2011
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about the hotel onto Tripadvisor. I apologise if you feel mislead, I think that the confusion has been caused by the room type and package that you had booked. We have a discounted Dinner Bed & Breakfast for 2 people available for booking on the website, but this is for a double bedroom not a family room and therefore there would be an additional charge to add children to this package to include there breakfast and dinner.

I hope this clears things up and if you would like to discuss further please do not hesitate to contact me.

Matt Knight

Travellers are raving about these Chester hotels

Leeming Bar, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 June 2012

A very clean hotel, nice rooms and friendly staff. Good facilities including a gym with pool.
Food was ok. Only let-down was couldn't get a decent kip due to hearing the road. Also the carpets in the corridor could do with being re-freshed as a little worn. For a business trip I would stay again.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the road.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
, General Manager at Gateway to Wales Hotel, responded to this review, 22 June 2012
Thank you for taking the time to offer a valuable review on Tripadvisor following your recent stay with us. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us despite the road noise and I do hope to see you again in the near future.

Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 June 2012

We had my wife's 40th birthday party at this hotel. Staff were excellent, food was superb, and we had a great room. Alcohol is very reasonably priced. We stayed over. The rooms are larger than average and very comfortable - had a good nights sleep. DJ was very accommodating. It is very handy - just off the main road, but hence not in idyllic surroundings.

We were a bit nervous about having the party here, but overall it was a fantastic experience.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Thanks you for your kind words on Tripadvisor, I so glad that you enjoyed your visit to us and that Jane enjoyed her party. We were delighted to look after your family for this event and you all seemed to enjoy your evening.

We hope to see you again in the near future.

Flint, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 June 2012

The venue has been used for the last two and a half years for a variety of business forums, seminars and workshops, meetings and, more recently, accommodation for business visitors. The hotel is conveniently situated for anyone visiting Deeside businesses and we have always found the staff to be welcoming and friendly.

I happen to know that many local businesses utilise the facilities at the hotel because of it's convenient location and the fact that staff always appear to be willing to "go the extra mile".

We have never received anything other than excellent service at this venue and would be happy to recommend it as a friendly and conveniently located hotel to anyone.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to pass on your comments on Tripadvisor and your feedback is extremely valuable to us. I am delighted to read that the hotel excels on the service levels you require and that this is appreciated.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

liverpool
Reviewed 16 June 2012

Stayed here Saturday May 26th had tried to stay in Chester city centre but was very all booked up due to the races being on. Can honestly say was so pleased with my stay i wil not be looking to stay in the city again. It is a very short taxi ride in to the city. I arrived early morning although i was told it was a two oclock check in on booking the staff were not in the slightest put out even though they were in the process of setting up a wedding. They sorted me a coffee and proceeded to sort a room for me and my wife. We booked in to a very clean room although it was not the best view in the world it did not bother us as we were out for the day. After a great day out we returned and enjoyed the rest of our evening relaxing in the bar. Over hearing the wedding they had nothing but great comments from thier day also. They made everyone feel important. Looking forward to my return.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your experinces on Tripadvisor and I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. You appear to have enjoyed your stay with us and I hope that you will visit us again when next in the Chester and North Wales area.

Bangor, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 June 2012

Due to the nature of my work, I use the Days Hotel Chester North often as a base to travel between Chester, Liverpool and Manchester. Over the past 3years I have stayed here many times, and due to the type of work I do check in times vary from early afternoon to late. The staff on the Reception (whatever the time of day) are always courteous and very helpful.
The rooms are always comfortable and clean, enabling me to re charge my batteries. Breakfasts are always an essential meal of the day for me and here there are plenty of choices for all tastes, from the full English to the healthy option.
The Restaurant has a warm and friendly atmosphere and is always a good place to visit after a long day. Meals are always excellent covering all from steaks to snacks.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your experinces with the world on Tripadvisor. I am delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stays with us and we hope to welcome you back very soon.