“So the hotel is ok. Staff are good However the restaurant extremely good and can't be faulted”

Gateway to Wales Hotel
Ranked #31 of 44 Hotels in Chester
Cardiff
Reviewed 12 July 2012 via mobile

• Stayed July 2012
MattKnight, General Manager at Gateway to Wales Hotel, responded to this review, 11 September 2012
Thank you for taking the time to reveiw the hotel on Tripadvisor, I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and especially the restaurant.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Matt Knight

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 July 2012

My partner and i really enjoyed our stay at the days hotel chester north. Booked this for the location for chester and north wales which is in good proximity to both. Also the hotel has a leisure club which is rare to find for the price i paid. All staff were really friendly from all departments and very helpful. Very welcoming. The room was clean and comfortable. Our room was facing the main road which was a tiny bit noisy when the lorries go past but cant be helped. Breakfast was very nice. Overall a very comfortable stay and would recommend the hotel to anyone. It even offers free wifi in the rooms and even a fish pedicure. Not many hotels offer that!!! Thank you for a very pleasant stay,

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
, General Manager at Gateway to Wales Hotel, responded to this review, 11 July 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor, I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially our Fish Pedicure.

I hope to see you again next time you are visiting Chester or North Wales.

Reviewed 8 July 2012

My stay in this hotel was very pleasant. My only regret is that I was only there for one night and didn't have a chance to take advantage of the free gym. A colleague of mine did, and rated it highly. The rooms were excellent; clean, modern and well equipped. Breakfast was self service, and did the job adequately. The staff were friendly, chatty and helpful. If I'm ever in this area again, I will definitely book this hotel.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
, General Manager at Gateway to Wales Hotel, responded to this review, 10 July 2012
Thank you for staying with us and for feeding back your comments reagarding your recent stay. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay here and that you would stay with us again when you are next in the area.

Thank you once more for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you here again soon.

Ellesmere Port
Reviewed 28 June 2012

Days Hotel staff were welcoming and friendly, making me feel so at home during my stay. The leisure facilities are fantastic and I was impressed with how clean and tidy everything was kept. I look forward to staying there again and seeing all the staff that I feel I got to know.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvsior and I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 27 June 2012

Went to book this hotel on Booking.com and it states That All Kids under 12 stay free!This was Extremely misleading!I was told by reservations that my 5yr old would be an extra £10 extra for a put up bed!I was told also they could only fit in 1 extra bed and there are no family rooms!So my other child wouldn't be able to come little own be free!! When I queried it I was told they do stay free when it's just 1 child with 1 adult!So in English,All kids can't be free!!

• Stayed July 2011
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about the hotel onto Tripadvisor. I apologise if you feel mislead, I think that the confusion has been caused by the room type and package that you had booked. We have a discounted Dinner Bed & Breakfast for 2 people available for booking on the website, but this is for a double bedroom not a family room and therefore there would be an additional charge to add children to this package to include there breakfast and dinner.

I hope this clears things up and if you would like to discuss further please do not hesitate to contact me.

Matt Knight

Travellers are raving about these Chester hotels

Leeming Bar, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 June 2012

A very clean hotel, nice rooms and friendly staff. Good facilities including a gym with pool.
Food was ok. Only let-down was couldn't get a decent kip due to hearing the road. Also the carpets in the corridor could do with being re-freshed as a little worn. For a business trip I would stay again.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the road.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
, General Manager at Gateway to Wales Hotel, responded to this review, 22 June 2012
Thank you for taking the time to offer a valuable review on Tripadvisor following your recent stay with us. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us despite the road noise and I do hope to see you again in the near future.

Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 June 2012

We had my wife's 40th birthday party at this hotel. Staff were excellent, food was superb, and we had a great room. Alcohol is very reasonably priced. We stayed over. The rooms are larger than average and very comfortable - had a good nights sleep. DJ was very accommodating. It is very handy - just off the main road, but hence not in idyllic surroundings.

We were a bit nervous about having the party here, but overall it was a fantastic experience.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Thanks you for your kind words on Tripadvisor, I so glad that you enjoyed your visit to us and that Jane enjoyed her party. We were delighted to look after your family for this event and you all seemed to enjoy your evening.

We hope to see you again in the near future.