Gateway to Wales Hotel
Hotels.com
US$94
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsdays hotelleisure clubblue planet aquariumsteam room and saunasmall poolnorth waleswell equipped gymwould stay againmain roadcheshire oakslick of paintfriendly hotelvery pleasant staystayed here for one nightdouble roomcourse mealbuffet style
Reviewed 26 September 2013

There is an awful smell within the hotel.
I don't think they actually employ cleaners as I struggled to find a clean spot. Changing rooms, swimming pool, floors - all filthy. The pool actually has missing tiles and a black tide mark around the pool. I came out of the pool feeling dirty myself! As for access to the pool, they advertise all day access to the facilities, however they have swimming lessons throughout the day making the pool closed to members or hotel residents. The ladies changing room is a very poky room, no privacy, in fact they are a health and safety risk! Mothers changing their babies ON THE FLOOR due to no facilities for changing babies. I almost stood on one. A very stressful visit!
The windows in the pool area are disgusting along with grotty grids, things falling off everywhere and chewing gum around the sauna. This place used to be gorgeous years ago and has real potential, unfortunately I think the current owners must be running it into the ground. Such a shame!

• Stayed: September 2013
3  Thank ProudMe
Grahame C, Hotel Manager at Gateway to Wales Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and services on a daily basis. In addition, please know that your comments and issues will be addressed.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 22 September 2013

Very poor value, know it is a budget hotel but should still be clean, our room very close too motorway so constant road noise even with double glazing, also curtains too short for window so light from outside invades room. Bathroom is very poor, mould on bath tiles and floor, desperately in need of refurbishment. bed very uncomfortable and moves away from wall so pillows disappear down back, also television is way too high on wall cannot watch without getting a sore neck! Normally use Premier inns and this is nowhere near there standard. Didn't use the restaurant as a very noisy wedding was going on. Did catch local bus into chester which was well worth the visit and found nice restaurant there. Woken up in middle of night by noisy guests 3am and then again at 5am.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TraceyYeates

I would like to express my apologise and if you would like to discuss your recent stay please do not hesitate in contacting me at the hotel.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 6 September 2013

A one night stay given as a birthday gift to my husband with evening meal and breakfast.
No complaints whatsoever. We had a lovely room, a fab swimming pool with Gym free of charge. Wonderful food and we shall go again. Highly recommend this Hotel. Freely admit I am not easy to please, but I really could not fault this Hotel in anyway. We booked it by reading reviews . I hope my review will encourage others to go there. The park and ride bus stopped outside entrance every 10 mins to go into Chester which we did during the afternoon which was really nice and did not need to take the car for once.
Well done Days you deserve 5 stars
Mrs Stock

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
2  Thank Iris S

Thank you Mrs Stock for your kind comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel, We look forward to welcome your back to our hotel soon.

Reviewed 26 August 2013

Stayed here for one night whilst attending a wedding party. From the excellent service from Anne-Marie at check in, a beautiful lunch and the rooms. I can't fault anything. Room was modern and clean. Free wifi throughout the hotel was a bonus. Didn't use the leisure facilities this time, but have used them before when a member at the gym, they are brilliant. The sauna and steam room are very relaxing. Only thing I would say is more parking spaces could be found somewhere.. I was lucky we arrived early and were able to have a pick of spaces, but those wedding guests arriving later to stay/or just for the evening were going around the car park looking for spaces.. Maybe they could do something with that plot of land next to the hotel?

I would definitely return again, for £46 a night, it was a bargain. I've paid more than that for a travelodge stay in September!

Anne-Marie at the reception desk/restaurant was superb. Extremely friendly and chatty (not like a robot like you can find in some hotels) but remaining professional.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TCDSTE

Thank you for taking the time in leaving a review regarding your recent stay at our hotel and We hope to welcome your back to our hotel soon.

Reviewed 7 August 2013

Thank you once again for a warm welcome and excellent service. Our room was as clean as usual, the evening meal was delicious and good value. Perhaps you could leave menus in the guest rooms, I am sure more people would be tempted to use the restaurant then. I enjoyed the leisure suite, my only comment wold be a few missing tiles at the edge of the pool, but I am sure you have that in hand for repair. Overall excellent value, our favourite thing is that the hotel staff are always so pleasant and helpful. it really does make a difference, and is consistently good.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back of the hotel
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lynseyshols

Thank you for taking the time in leaving a review regarding your recent stay at our hotel and we hope to welcome your back to our hotel soon.