“rooms lovly shame about the spa!!”

Days Hotel Chester North - Gateway to Wales
Ranked #31 of 44 Hotels in Chester
worcester
“rooms lovly shame about the spa!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2010

me and my friends decided to stay here as the photos looked lovly and the spa looked great ,perfect for 3 girls to come and relax n get away ,,what i would like to say is i can not fault the hotel for its food we had some lovly meals and the rooms were very comfatable ,,What realy let this hotel down for us ,was its spa,,,Which can only be described as DISAPOINTING AND UNBEARABLY HOT!!!!! We could not get out of the changing rooms fast enough which was like a sauna !,,onto the gym what a joke it was dated and again rediculously HOT!!,,we tryed the pool ,,sorry puddle of water and this was nice apart from having to get changed n tryiing to dry our hair after in the changing rooms which we all gave up on as it was a joke ,the heat in ther ment we all needed to have anoter shower in our rooms!!!,,I dnt think this place as heard of air conditioning,,,it realy lets ur hotel down and our visit would of been perfect if we hadnt had to deal with a 100 degree spa !!,(how can u possible enjoy that),,,!!would like to thank the reception staff to as they were very attentive and polite,,and bar staff,,katy amanda darcy, from worcester

Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank amandaWorcester

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
chester
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2010

we stayed here last March, my boyfriends work colleague was getting married and as i live quite close to the hotel, ive seen many changes over the last few years and this was one of them. i was looking forward to seeing what the place was like. the reception was nice to see english people on there, although the decor was beige and boring!! but service friendly.

id stayed previously and had a huge room so was very disappointed when i was faced with a shoe box. decorated all dark colours and everything cramed in. i wasnt happy. you could hear the noise from the by pass and herd everything all the other customers had to say!!

we never had breakfast but did experience the bar which was pricey.

the wedding reception was all squished into a tiny function room and was sooooo warm with the amount of people all cramned in. it was nicely decorated and we had a nibble at the food. people were all standing either in the corridor or outside smoking. as a none smoker i had to spend my time outside as it was so warm. there was no where to dance either.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
telford
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2010

I have stayed at the Gateway to Wales (or Days Hotel as it is now known) for 3/4 days per week for the last three months. I genuinley cannot find a bad word to say about the hotel, its facilities or the staff. There is a well eqipped gym, heated swimming pool, a computer available to use free of charge and free Wi-fi. I have stayed in a variety of rooms which are all comfortable, well decorated and spacious, so have sampled all that the hotel has to offer. I have never found noise to be a problem at all and the location is close to all local amenities. I have recieved such a warm welcome from all the staff and as a lone female guest I have found this incredibly important.
I would highly recommend this hotel to any type of traveller whether for business or personal use and will say I am actually going to miss the place when my stay finally comes to an end!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
shrewsbury
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2010

we stayed in this hotel for the two weeks we were training for our new job and let me tell you
the staff are so friendly and helpful and always chat to you and cater for your needs, we had a sick collogue of ours and they took care of her bringing her water. they have a gym a pool steam room jacuzzi free for guests use there is a lovley pub across the road with something on different night we recommend a wednesday night for open mic night that is brilliant.
the hotel has also got free wifi connection so take your laptop or you can use there computer for free also i would say they have thought of it all. if i was to fault one thing it would be the price of the food its about £15 for a main meal but looks nice i just ate potnoodles and burger king everyday but you guys might have more money than me also there are pizza shops and other resturants and take out not far.

ALL IN ALL I RECOMEND THIS FINE HOTEL AND THEIR FINE STAFF HIGHLY

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
north wales llandudno
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2009

A lovely Hotel that is exceptional value for money as you have free use of the gym,pool,sauna and steam room oh and jacuzzi. Perfect for relaxing and a comfortable nights sleep. Recently been refurbished to very high quality and is simply a lovely place to stay with nice staff.
A two minute walk from the Amantola Indian restaurant which is worth a visit.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2009

Some of the reviews for this hotel are quite poor. Though its not the best hotel I have ever stayed in it certainly isn't the worst and as I paid a £55.00 room rate I'd say it rates above a travel inn. There is a leisure centre. I found the room to be clean and quite spacious. Shower good, plenty of hot water. Staff helpful and food that I ate was nice, basic hotel food but none the less it was OK. Be warned if they are busy you will have to book a table I went down at 8.00 and there were no tables, I was offered room service at no extra cost so accepted the offer which suited me in any case.

If your on buisness and just want a comfortable hotel taht's value for money you could do much worse..........Others do mention the main road which is actually an M road! It is busy but if you close your window it dulls tHE noise to a low hum, no help in the summer months I suspect so bring a fan in case!!!! Or ask for a room on teh other side of the hotel.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
Scotland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2009

The Hotel looks great in the photos but when you are in the room there is no draws to store clothes only one wardrobe two chairs an LCD TV with channels all over the station spectrum not in any order and a max of 6 at most. The TV is too high on the wall in room 221 and when sitting on the bed you can't see the TV, Room 213 the TV is smaller but simular problem. The bath rooms are dirty they have black mould on the shower the shower tray and on the ceiling. the beds are clean and the sheets but the iron in the room is dirty along with the Iron board that had stains, not were you want to put a clean shirt. OK for one night only. But when in the bar pay for drinks in cash they seem to mess the billing to rooms up. Also check what you ask for as I asked for a J2o and lemonade and I got orange cordial and lemonade. Also the windows don't seem to fit well and you hear road noise all the time as next to main road into wales.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Chester hotels