“Can't complain about anything”

Holiday Inn Express Chester - Racecourse
Ranked #17 of 45 Hotels in Chester
Reviewed 18 November 2011

Stayed here one night. Rooms clean and comfortable and well appointed. Check-in and check-out swift and efficient. Good breakfast. Would highly recommend for a short stay in this lovely city.

Room Tip: make sure you check the radiator in your room, ours was set to max and we both lost a stone overnigh...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Scoullar, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chester - Racecourse, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2011

Dear Guest

Thank you for your reviewing the Holiday inn Express and your stay with us.

I am delighted to read you comments and I am thrilled to read you will return and also recommend us.

Should you need accommodation in the future please do not hesitate to contact me directly and i will be more than happy to assist you with your booking.

Reviewed 15 November 2011

It does what it sets out to do very well. It provides a clean comfortable room with very few frills at a very reasonable price. I'd agree with other reviewers about the breakfast - I ate it because it was included in the rate but I wouldn't have bothered if it was at an extra charge. The location is excellent and the staff professional. I'll certainly use it again on future visits to the city.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you for reviewing the Holiday Inn Express Chester Racecourse.

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and you will certainly return to the hotel.

I am disappointed with you comments regarding the breakfast and would appreciate it if you could provide me with more feedback as we are always looking at ways to improve our guest’s experience. Unfortunately we must adhere to brand standards of the Holiday inn Express Brand, this restricting us of offering a full English breakfast.

Should you require accommodation please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

I look forward to welcoming you to the Holiday Inn Express Chester Racecourse in the future.

Reviewed 8 November 2011

we enjoyed a stay just after the big race season had finished, the room was small but good value, clean and welcoming. the view of the racecourse was lovely. there was a vending machine and ice for late night drinks and room to sit around down stairs. We used some vouchers and paid very little for the room but it would be a place we would return to, only down side is the walk into town on very narrow steep pavements but all in all a good stay

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express Chester Racecourse.

I am delighted to read you enjoyed your stay with us.

I am pleased to receive any review and ensure we are meeting all guest requirements and expectations.

Rooms of The Holiday Inn Express brand are designed for mainly corporate guests who are staying for the one night; however we do have some larger rooms which we allocate to families and guests who may have requested these on bookings. Should you need any accommodation in the future please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I shall ensure you are allocated one of the larger rooms.

With Chester being such an historic city there are some narrow paths however should you stay with us again our team are more than happy to assist you choose the best possible route to the city centre.

Once again thank you for the positive comments.

Reviewed 31 October 2011

Stayed here many times over the years and found the staff friendly & professional.

Recommend this to anyone - It aint a boutique - It's a HI Express - good VFM as booked a couple of months before.

Room Tip: Book early.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Scoullar, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chester - Racecourse, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2011

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn Express Chester Racecourse.

I am delighted to find you enjoyed your stay, I am thrilled to read all reviews and use them to enhance the experience we have to offer whilst also keeping the things our guests love.

We are very proud to be part of the Holiday Inn Express Brand and hope we surpass guests expectations.

Should you require any accommodation in the future please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed 17 October 2011

We stayed here for 3 nights arriving early at 10am although the room wasn't ready when I arrived due to the hotel being full the night before. I was offered to help myself to breakfast free of charge while I waited for my room which was great after traveling for 4 hours.

The team them gave me all the information I needed about the city centre and a map.

When I got back in the staff greeted me and asked how I enjoyed my stay and told me they had put my luggage in my room for me .

Even though it is known as a budget hotel the service I encountered was 5 star and I will be recommending to my family.

Breakfast was just right with good choice of continental and sausages, beans and egg. Breakfast was busy but the staff seemed to manage it well.

• Stayed: May 2011

Dear Guest

I am thrilled to read you enjoyed your stay and have passed your comments on to the team as I am sure they will be delighted.

We are known as a "budget" hotel however at the Holiday Inn Express Chester Racecourse we strive to ensure our guest’s expectations are met and they enjoy their visit to the hotel and city centre.

Once again thank you for taking the time to pass your positive comments and I look forward to welcoming you to Chester in the future.

Should you need any further information please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed 16 October 2011

I have just spent three nights at this hotel for a business trip. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom and shower very nice. Staff on reception were helpful and the breakfast, a self service affair was fine apart from the last morning when there was a bit of a queue for everything including a table to sit at. The hotel must have been full and everyone decided to have breakfast at 8am!

I had not realised that the hotel was right next to the railway line, I was top floor very close to the end and I could see the train drivers as they went by !! Not a problem as long as you kept the window closed or are used to train noises all night.

Although the room was nice, the cleaning was suspect as I found a newspaper by the bed (would have been great except it was 6 days old!!) The loo roll holder was broken and the loo paper was left on the floor :(

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing away from the rail way line.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank lyzzydee

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Chester Racecourse.

Thank you for you kind comments regarding the reception team and your accommodation and services.

I am disappointed to read about the newspaper you found in your room and I can assure you I have investigated this with housekeeping and the relevant action has been taken as this is not acceptable.

I am glad you enjoyed our breakfast and can only apologise for the queue on the last morning. It is hard to manage breakfast when everyone comes down together; we do try and advise people on the best times. We are actually hoping to refurbish the whole of the ground floor and add more seating as well as moving the breakfast bar making it more practical.

Unfortunately we do have a train line near the hotel and we would have been more than happy to have moved you on the first night to a quieter room. Should you need accommodation in the future please book with me directly and I can ensure you are allocated a quieter room over looking the racecourse away from the railway line.

Once again thank you for your review and I hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 13 October 2011

The accommodation was friendly, great breakfast, value for money and a great location. Highly recommend. Has views of the Race Cource. Has plenty of parking.

Room Tip: A short walk into Chester town centre.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JohnBHooo

Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent review for the Holiday Inn Express Chester Racecourse.

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay; your review will assist many future bookers.