Holiday Inn Express Chester - Racecourse
US$93
PremierInn.com
US$217
1,434 results
All reviewsrace courserailway linecity centrescrambled egg and beanswhite horserefurbished roomfree car parkbudget hotelfree breakfasthot drinksexcellent locationthird floorthe sofa bedshort walkyogurtwould stay againshort stay
Reviewed 20 November 2011

Have just spent a couple of nights in the Holiday Inn Express Chester, It is one of the best hotels for location and value in chester. It is within easy walking distance of the town center, the river and city walls. For those with cars parking is free and access to the motorway is only minutes away. The rooms are clean and the breakfast better than most value hotels. The hotel is close to a railway line (our room was only meters away from the line itself) but i must say that this didn't cause us any discomfort as the hotel seems to be well sound proofed, i actually noticed the sound of birds before i noticed the sound of the railway. I would certainly stay in this hotel again when next in Chester.

Room Tip: The lower the room number, e.g. 101, 201, 301, the closer you are to the railway line , odd numbers overlook the racecourse
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Scoullar, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chester - Racecourse, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2011

Dear Guests

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express Chester Racecourse.

I am thrilled to read you will be returning to the hotel and i would like to thank you for your positive comments regarding the hotel and its facilities. Your comments will also be passed on to the team as i am sure this will increase their motivation levels even higher.

Unfortunately we do have a train line near the hotel but as you have stated we rarely receive any negative comments about the noise as there are no regular passing trains. We do try and allocate these rooms last as we are aware there may be noise issues however when the hotel is fully booked this cannot be done.

I would recommend when booking your next reservation please request a quiet room and we can ensure you’re allocated a room overlooking the racecourse away from the railway line.

Should you need accommodation in the future please do not hesitate to contact me directly, i would be more than happy to help.

Reviewed 20 November 2011

Booked this the night before for my husband and myself, arrived 5.30 pm (parking included) handy as parking in Chester can be expensive. Lovely room overlooking the racecourse, spacious and very clean.
Breakfast the following morning was ok, not much choice/vary basic but ok what do you expect for £69 B&B for 2.
Would I stay again yes!!
Ideally located 5 minutes up the road for the bars/restaurants.

Room Tip: We booked the room sleeps 4, double and sofa bed for two adults, but there was only the two of us, so that made the room a lot more spacious.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn Express Chester Racecourse.

I am delighted to find you enjoyed your stay. I am thrilled to receive any review and use them as a tool to enhance the hotel’s offering to our guests whilst also keeping the things our guests love.

Unfortunately we are restricted by the brand standards of the Holiday inn Express brand and we are unable to offer a full English breakfast however the Holiday Inn Express Chester Racecourse do offer more than the minimum requirements set out by the brand standards.

All comments regarding our breakfast offering are passed to head office, as hoteliers we are keen to push this and ensure our guest requirements and needs are met. We hope this should make a difference and one day we may be able to improve our breakfast offering further.

Should you need any accommodation in the future please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed 18 November 2011

Stayed here one night. Rooms clean and comfortable and well appointed. Check-in and check-out swift and efficient. Good breakfast. Would highly recommend for a short stay in this lovely city.

Room Tip: make sure you check the radiator in your room, ours was set to max and we both lost a stone overnight!!!
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you for your reviewing the Holiday inn Express and your stay with us.

I am delighted to read you comments and I am thrilled to read you will return and also recommend us.

Should you need accommodation in the future please do not hesitate to contact me directly and i will be more than happy to assist you with your booking.

Reviewed 15 November 2011

It does what it sets out to do very well. It provides a clean comfortable room with very few frills at a very reasonable price. I'd agree with other reviewers about the breakfast - I ate it because it was included in the rate but I wouldn't have bothered if it was at an extra charge. The location is excellent and the staff professional. I'll certainly use it again on future visits to the city.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you for reviewing the Holiday Inn Express Chester Racecourse.

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and you will certainly return to the hotel.

I am disappointed with you comments regarding the breakfast and would appreciate it if you could provide me with more feedback as we are always looking at ways to improve our guest’s experience. Unfortunately we must adhere to brand standards of the Holiday inn Express Brand, this restricting us of offering a full English breakfast.

Should you require accommodation please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

I look forward to welcoming you to the Holiday Inn Express Chester Racecourse in the future.

Reviewed 8 November 2011

we enjoyed a stay just after the big race season had finished, the room was small but good value, clean and welcoming. the view of the racecourse was lovely. there was a vending machine and ice for late night drinks and room to sit around down stairs. We used some vouchers and paid very little for the room but it would be a place we would return to, only down side is the walk into town on very narrow steep pavements but all in all a good stay

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express Chester Racecourse.

I am delighted to read you enjoyed your stay with us.

I am pleased to receive any review and ensure we are meeting all guest requirements and expectations.

Rooms of The Holiday Inn Express brand are designed for mainly corporate guests who are staying for the one night; however we do have some larger rooms which we allocate to families and guests who may have requested these on bookings. Should you need any accommodation in the future please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I shall ensure you are allocated one of the larger rooms.

With Chester being such an historic city there are some narrow paths however should you stay with us again our team are more than happy to assist you choose the best possible route to the city centre.

Once again thank you for the positive comments.