Many reviewers seem to demand budget prices but expect 5 star quality. In my opinion this hotel offers a city center location at a budget price (10 minutes walk into town, preferably past The Architect pub). When i stayed i compared prices to the local Premier Inn (not being critical of Premier Inn as i stay with them all over the country and they are usually superb) and this would have cost me an extra £14 per night without free parking and without a free breakfast. The parking is right outside the entrance and the breakfast was more than adequate. Also an ice machine is in reception and you can also help yourselves to free tea and coffee anytime in the lounge which my partner thought was great. All the staff were very courteous and polite and on departure it was so nice to be asked if we had enjoyed our stay. My only tiny niggle was that the mattress on the bed was very, very soft and i suffered with back ache for a couple of days afterwards. All in all a very enjoyable stay and would certainly return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Combine good value with a great location at Holiday Inn Express Chester Racecourse, the only hotel within the racecourse's grounds.Holiday Inn Express Chester Racecourse is a completely non smoking hotel and just 5 minutes from Chester's historic city centre, putting quaint cobbled streets and an array of shops and restaurants within walking distance. Wake up to our complimentary breakfast and enjoy discounts on dinner at the racecourse's smart Restaurant 1539. You'll also benefit from complimentary onsite parking and complimentary wireless Internet in the hotel's public areas.We're a 5-minute drive from major companies in Chester Business Park, and 15 minutes from Deeside Industrial Park. You can hold training days for up to 25 people in Holiday Inn Express Chester Racecourse's 2 meeting rooms. Feel free to plan your presentation in our 24-hour self-service Business Centre.We're the closest hotel to Chester Racecourse, making us an ideal choice for your day at the races. Soak up Chester's rich history with a stroll down picturesque Watergate Street where grand Georgian buildings nestle alongside fine antique shops. Explore the city's Roman walls to enjoy views over the Cheshire countryside.Ask our friendly staff about Holiday Inn Express Chester Racecourse's packages for discounted entry to local attractions. You can meet and mingle with friends at our bar at the end of a day's sightseeing.Please contact the hotel directly for group bookings and race day packages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Hotels.com, Ebookers, IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Chester - Racecourse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Chester-Racecourse Hotel Chester
- Holiday Inn Express Chester - Racecourse Cheshire