Firstly I must admit that I booked this hotel for its proximity to Chester city centre, the free parking and because i got it at a reduced rate of £45. Upon arriving at about 5pm, I was sent to a room, which hadn't been cleaned from the previous guests. There was no real apology from the reception staff, they simply said "are you sure!" And then allocated a new room. The room was clean and fit for purpose, there was some mould around the shower, but nothing too bad. Or so I thought!!! Upon getting in to bed the mattress was so worn that you literally rolled into the middle of the bed, the corners and edges actually rolled upwards as soon as I lay down. It was the most uncomfortable nights sleep I have ever had, and I usually sleep like a log. This wasn't helped by the train track that runs right by the hotel and the early deliveries and skip emptying, that all happened before 7 am. If I had of been staying another night I would have complained, however there were other people doing this when I checked out! Ok for 1 night and if you want to be walking distance from Chester.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Combine good value with a great location at Holiday Inn Express Chester Racecourse, the only hotel within the racecourse's grounds.Holiday Inn Express Chester Racecourse is a completely non smoking hotel and just 5 minutes from Chester's historic city centre, putting quaint cobbled streets and an array of shops and restaurants within walking distance. Wake up to our complimentary breakfast and enjoy discounts on dinner at the racecourse's smart Restaurant 1539. You'll also benefit from complimentary onsite parking and complimentary wireless Internet in the hotel's public areas.We're a 5-minute drive from major companies in Chester Business Park, and 15 minutes from Deeside Industrial Park. You can hold training days for up to 25 people in Holiday Inn Express Chester Racecourse's 2 meeting rooms. Feel free to plan your presentation in our 24-hour self-service Business Centre.We're the closest hotel to Chester Racecourse, making us an ideal choice for your day at the races. Soak up Chester's rich history with a stroll down picturesque Watergate Street where grand Georgian buildings nestle alongside fine antique shops. Explore the city's Roman walls to enjoy views over the Cheshire countryside.Ask our friendly staff about Holiday Inn Express Chester Racecourse's packages for discounted entry to local attractions. You can meet and mingle with friends at our bar at the end of a day's sightseeing.Please contact the hotel directly for group bookings and race day packages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline and IHG so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Chester - Racecourse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Chester-Racecourse Hotel Chester
- Holiday Inn Express Chester - Racecourse Cheshire