Stayed at this hotel from a Friday to Monday, very good location situated on the race course, you enter car park and during the day the booth is manned, car park was large but don't know what it would be like on a race day. A quick check in and we had a double room on first floor, hotel situated in a couple of hundred yards of the city walls, and the town centre is a few minutes walk away into the centre of Chester, plenty of pubs and restaurants in walking distance.
The room itself was basic, ours overlooking the main road, but traffic noise not a issue generally clean, bathroom has shower only, no problems with water pressure or water temperature. The only off putting feature was a half eaten Panini on the outside window sill that had obviously been there a few days at least with algae growing on it, I know the windows have limiters but surely a 'duster' would have dislodged this.
Walls are a bit thin on the Saturday I was kept awake by the guests next door talking and then snoring ( and I thought that was just a man thing lol)
Breakfast consisted of a buffet cold products or hot, although this consisted of sausages, sloppy scrambled egg (like mine drier and firmer), baked beans, basic but topped up continually, breakfast can be a bit manic if everyone turns up at the same time. Endless supply of coffee/tea throughout day very good.
Good base for exploring Chester itself or surrounding areas
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Combine good value with a great location at Holiday Inn Express Chester Racecourse, the only hotel within the racecourse's grounds.Holiday Inn Express Chester Racecourse is a completely non smoking hotel and just 5 minutes from Chester's historic city centre, putting quaint cobbled streets and an array of shops and restaurants within walking distance. Wake up to our complimentary breakfast and enjoy discounts on dinner at the racecourse's smart Restaurant 1539. You'll also benefit from complimentary onsite parking and complimentary wireless Internet in the hotel's public areas.We're a 5-minute drive from major companies in Chester Business Park, and 15 minutes from Deeside Industrial Park. You can hold training days for up to 25 people in Holiday Inn Express Chester Racecourse's 2 meeting rooms. Feel free to plan your presentation in our 24-hour self-service Business Centre.We're the closest hotel to Chester Racecourse, making us an ideal choice for your day at the races. Soak up Chester's rich history with a stroll down picturesque Watergate Street where grand Georgian buildings nestle alongside fine antique shops. Explore the city's Roman walls to enjoy views over the Cheshire countryside.Ask our friendly staff about Holiday Inn Express Chester Racecourse's packages for discounted entry to local attractions. You can meet and mingle with friends at our bar at the end of a day's sightseeing.Please contact the hotel directly for group bookings and race day packages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Agoda and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Chester - Racecourse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Chester-Racecourse Hotel Chester
- Holiday Inn Express Chester - Racecourse Cheshire