We stayed here for three nights, two adults and a 13 month old baby for a mini-break to take our little boy to the zoo and aquarium. Hotel is based next to the racecourse so we had a view out of the track. Free car parking which was great as it was only a 10 minute walk into the centre. Hotel was much like any other Holiday Inn Express I've stayed at, double bed, sofa bed, desk, chair, flatscreen tv and toilet/shower/sink. Tea and coffee making facilities with kettle and hairdryers in the room. Good lighting and plenty of mirrors handy for getting ready to go out. Great black-out blinds although one night we had to complain about a loud droning noise which turned out to be the hotel's heating which they kindly turned off at 10pm. Free breakfast was good but not a great selection compared with other Holiday Inn's that we've stayed at before, only scrambled eggs, sausages or beans (hot food), with the usual cereals, toast, croissaints, fruit cocktail, yoghurts that are available along with teas, coffee or apple/orange juice. The staff were very friendly and helpful although breakfast did get very busy after 10am so go early if you want a peaceful and quiet breakfast. Rooms were very comfortable although we had no hot water two out of three of the mornings, once when I called to complain they said they had to reset the boiler (at 9.30am). Also another little complaint, I had put on my booking request that I didn't want a sofabed set-up as we were bringing our own cot and needed the space, yet despite specifying this, there was a sofabed set up when we got to our room so we had to head back down to reception for another room key and back up to a new room. If you've ever travelled with a baby you'd know this isn't the easiest thing to do with lots of luggage so if like us you put this on your booking request, be sure to check when you're checking in. We had a nice stay but would probably stay elsewhere next time. Choose this hotel for value for money and location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Combine good value with a great location at Holiday Inn Express Chester Racecourse, the only hotel within the racecourse's grounds.Holiday Inn Express Chester Racecourse is a completely non smoking hotel and just 5 minutes from Chester's historic city centre, putting quaint cobbled streets and an array of shops and restaurants within walking distance. Wake up to our complimentary breakfast and enjoy discounts on dinner at the racecourse's smart Restaurant 1539. You'll also benefit from complimentary onsite parking and complimentary wireless Internet in the hotel's public areas.We're a 5-minute drive from major companies in Chester Business Park, and 15 minutes from Deeside Industrial Park. You can hold training days for up to 25 people in Holiday Inn Express Chester Racecourse's 2 meeting rooms. Feel free to plan your presentation in our 24-hour self-service Business Centre.We're the closest hotel to Chester Racecourse, making us an ideal choice for your day at the races. Soak up Chester's rich history with a stroll down picturesque Watergate Street where grand Georgian buildings nestle alongside fine antique shops. Explore the city's Roman walls to enjoy views over the Cheshire countryside.Ask our friendly staff about Holiday Inn Express Chester Racecourse's packages for discounted entry to local attractions. You can meet and mingle with friends at our bar at the end of a day's sightseeing.Please contact the hotel directly for group bookings and race day packages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Chester - Racecourse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Chester-Racecourse Hotel Chester
- Holiday Inn Express Chester - Racecourse Cheshire