Holiday Inn Express Chester - Racecourse
Orbitz.com
US$94
PremierInn.com
1,434 results
All reviewsrace courserailway linecity centrescrambled egg and beanswhite horserefurbished roomfree car parkbudget hotelfree breakfasthot drinksexcellent locationthird floorthe sofa bedshort walkyogurtwould stay againshort stay
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Stayed overnight whilst the food and drink festival was on. Great location for that and for the short stroll into town later. Not a very personal hotel staff are very clinical but to be expected. Rooms lovely and clean. Breakfast good. Only thing was my booking said check in anytime but when i tried at 12 they told me to come back at 2pm. Nice touch with the creme eggs on the pillows for easter.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ginam84
Emma R, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chester - Racecourse, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Dear Gina

Thank you for taking the time out to review your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express, Chester race course.

I'm pleased to see you had an enjoyable time with us.

Please accept my apologies for the mix up with check in. Our check in time is from 2pm onwards and does state this on our website.

Thank you for your overall score of 4 stars and we hope to see you again in the near future

Kind regards

Emma
Front House Manager

Reviewed 25 April 2014

I wanted a bed for a staff night out. This hotel certainly delivered!
Great location, Comfortable bed, Good value, Free car parking, Bar open until 2am, Free wifi! Called my taxi for me which arrived very promptly. Staff on reception where very nice.
Overall a pleasent stay. Thank you

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 25 April 2014

When booking this hotel for a family get together, I took into account that it was and Express and that it was within easy walking distance of the town, On arriving we were greeted by a very nice reception staff who were very helpful, although no one told us that they had a rugby team on the premises, this is where the experience went totally out of the window, the room was adequate but nothing inside the room to signify that we were platinum priority members, no water, chocolate or anything other than what everyone had. after a pleasant walk and meal in the town, we went back for a good nights sleep, only to be woken by the Rugby players returning after their night out, they bumped, banged and slammed doors till 4am, no sleep was to be had. then the security managed to get them to quieten down, breakfast next morning was a bit of a bun fight what with the amount of people staying, but it was adequate.
Then another day sight seeing and a nice evening meal in the town, and when returning to the Hotel heard the security talking to the Rugby players asking for cooperation in behaving well, this they did, thank you Mr security man, however all the doors in the hotel have very harsh closing dampers, and banging was heard from all the doors. but a better nights sleep, The room was fine the bar was adequate, had I not been with my Brother and Sister, we would not have stayed the second night, The question is would I stay here again, well, if the door closers were fixed and if I was warned about teams of people who could be noisy etc. then possibly, but on what I experienced. no.
We were only offered a 30% reduction for the first night of our stay, which I accepted but later thinking about it, this was not in keeping with Holiday Inn.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chester - Racecourse, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2014

Dear Bigbigroy,

Thank you for being an IHG Rewards Club Platinum member and for leaving us a feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to help us improve our guest services.

I am disappointed to hear that your stay with us was not what you expected. I am really sorry that our staff has not provided any recognition of your Platinum status. I understand how this may have left you frustrated and I can assure you this experience is not representative of the service we expect to provide. Further, I sincerely apologize for the noise challenges you have encountered. Although we cannot account for the actions of our other guests, we can work to smooth uncomfortable situations to make all guests feel comfortable, safe, and welcomed. I have taken note of your valuable comments and rest assured, these will be used to monitor and improve the quality and services we offer to our guests.

Your patronage and support to the hotel are very important to us, as such, rest assured that your comments will be used to consider improvements. We hope that you give us another chance and allow us to redeem your faith in our products and services.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 25 April 2014

Clean room and bathroom, (Some pen marks on the wall should be sorted) Three adults so not much room to move but enough, Bed settee firm but comfortable. Tea/Coffee and TV. Some noise from traffic but more from stair/lift door banging closed. Excellent value for money with breakfast. Good choice to suit all really. Friendly staff, happy to help. Excellent position for racecourse and all city centre attractions, not far to walk at all. Would stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 April 2014

My daughter and I stayed for one night.
The twin room was ideal.Clean,good size, tea and coffee facilities and exceedingly quiet.
Breakfast was a free continental though it did include an hot section of~scrambled eggs beans and sausages.
They have a huge car park which is free and they even let me keep my car there the following day for the duration of my daughter's University interview.
Excellent location next to the race course.The city is a short stroll away and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family