This was a very pleasant one night stay. I had managed to book the wrong type of room having stated on my Priority Club reservation that there was only one guest when there was of course two. The gentleman reception kindly changed the room from a twin to a double, without a fuss. The room was clean and comfy, and it was on the road side of the hotel. This was a little noisy from about 5am with the early trains, and then the noise built up all the way until rush hour, however it wasn't intrusive. The breakfast was plentiful, and if you wanted the hot option it was hot not tepid as in some hotels. Service was excellent and all the staff were very polite and helpful.
This hotel is about a 5min walk from the city centre with all its shops and restaurants. The hotel is great if you are on a budget or a flying visit as we were. There are better hotels in Chester if you want a romantic stay, or a more comfort, however this hotel is comfy at a price and a very reasonable price too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Combine good value with a great location at Holiday Inn Express Chester Racecourse, the only hotel within the racecourse's grounds.Holiday Inn Express Chester Racecourse is a completely non smoking hotel and just 5 minutes from Chester's historic city centre, putting quaint cobbled streets and an array of shops and restaurants within walking distance. Wake up to our complimentary breakfast and enjoy discounts on dinner at the racecourse's smart Restaurant 1539. You'll also benefit from complimentary onsite parking and complimentary wireless Internet in the hotel's public areas.We're a 5-minute drive from major companies in Chester Business Park, and 15 minutes from Deeside Industrial Park. You can hold training days for up to 25 people in Holiday Inn Express Chester Racecourse's 2 meeting rooms. Feel free to plan your presentation in our 24-hour self-service Business Centre.We're the closest hotel to Chester Racecourse, making us an ideal choice for your day at the races. Soak up Chester's rich history with a stroll down picturesque Watergate Street where grand Georgian buildings nestle alongside fine antique shops. Explore the city's Roman walls to enjoy views over the Cheshire countryside.Ask our friendly staff about Holiday Inn Express Chester Racecourse's packages for discounted entry to local attractions. You can meet and mingle with friends at our bar at the end of a day's sightseeing.Please contact the hotel directly for group bookings and race day packages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Expedia, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Chester - Racecourse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Chester-Racecourse Hotel Chester
- Holiday Inn Express Chester - Racecourse Cheshire