We stayed at the holiday Inn Express Chester on Sunday 6th July at the very reasonable cost of £57 for a room and breakfast (plus free parking!)
The staff were very friendlly and even though booking in was only from 2.00pm they let us park our car free of charge from 10.00am so we could attend a riverside event.
After a long day we eventually booked in at 11.30pm with no fuss and the room we were allocated was clean and spacious and as a bonus overlooked the racecourse. The beds were comfortable and as the room was at the back of the hotel traffic noise was at a minimum.
The breakfast staff were very helpful and the sausage, beans and scrambled eggs well cooked and piping hot (although I did overhear a few grumbles about there being no bacon). There was also a plentiful supply of juices, tea and coffee, cereals and croissants.
All in all we enjoyed our one night at this hotel and would recommend it to anyone looking for a reasonably priced hotel in Chester close to the city centre (5 mins walk)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Combine good value with a great location at Holiday Inn Express Chester Racecourse, the only hotel within the racecourse's grounds.Holiday Inn Express Chester Racecourse is a completely non smoking hotel and just 5 minutes from Chester's historic city centre, putting quaint cobbled streets and an array of shops and restaurants within walking distance. Wake up to our complimentary breakfast and enjoy discounts on dinner at the racecourse's smart Restaurant 1539. You'll also benefit from complimentary onsite parking and complimentary wireless Internet in the hotel's public areas.We're a 5-minute drive from major companies in Chester Business Park, and 15 minutes from Deeside Industrial Park. You can hold training days for up to 25 people in Holiday Inn Express Chester Racecourse's 2 meeting rooms. Feel free to plan your presentation in our 24-hour self-service Business Centre.We're the closest hotel to Chester Racecourse, making us an ideal choice for your day at the races. Soak up Chester's rich history with a stroll down picturesque Watergate Street where grand Georgian buildings nestle alongside fine antique shops. Explore the city's Roman walls to enjoy views over the Cheshire countryside.Ask our friendly staff about Holiday Inn Express Chester Racecourse's packages for discounted entry to local attractions. You can meet and mingle with friends at our bar at the end of a day's sightseeing.Please contact the hotel directly for group bookings and race day packages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Expedia, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Agoda and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Chester - Racecourse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Chester-Racecourse Hotel Chester
- Holiday Inn Express Chester - Racecourse Cheshire