Stayed here for 1 night whilst on business in Chester. The hotel is located right next to the racecourse which you can see from rooms facing that way. Overall I was very pleased with the hotel, the staff were friendly & helpful and the room was a little small but clean and tidy, with all the items you would expect (TV, tea & coffee making facilities, shower (no bath)) etc. The rate was very good and included fee WiFi throughout the hotel and also breakfast. Parking was also free. The room was a little noisy as could hear the road, and it had no air con so was quite stuffy, but overall I was happy. There is no restaurant here however so I walked the 5-10 mins in to town for dinner. There is a restaurant in the adjacent racecourse that you get a 10% discount on if you're staying at the hotel, but I did not use this. Breakfast was a quite limited choice of hot or cold but was nice nonetheless. Overall, no complaints and I would stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Combine good value with a great location at Holiday Inn Express Chester Racecourse, the only hotel within the racecourse's grounds.Holiday Inn Express Chester Racecourse is a completely non smoking hotel and just 5 minutes from Chester's historic city centre, putting quaint cobbled streets and an array of shops and restaurants within walking distance. Wake up to our complimentary breakfast and enjoy discounts on dinner at the racecourse's smart Restaurant 1539. You'll also benefit from complimentary onsite parking and complimentary wireless Internet in the hotel's public areas.We're a 5-minute drive from major companies in Chester Business Park, and 15 minutes from Deeside Industrial Park. You can hold training days for up to 25 people in Holiday Inn Express Chester Racecourse's 2 meeting rooms. Feel free to plan your presentation in our 24-hour self-service Business Centre.We're the closest hotel to Chester Racecourse, making us an ideal choice for your day at the races. Soak up Chester's rich history with a stroll down picturesque Watergate Street where grand Georgian buildings nestle alongside fine antique shops. Explore the city's Roman walls to enjoy views over the Cheshire countryside.Ask our friendly staff about Holiday Inn Express Chester Racecourse's packages for discounted entry to local attractions. You can meet and mingle with friends at our bar at the end of a day's sightseeing.Please contact the hotel directly for group bookings and race day packages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Agoda and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Chester - Racecourse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Chester-Racecourse Hotel Chester
- Holiday Inn Express Chester - Racecourse Cheshire