“The Best...and completely Unique!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Chester
Frogg Manor Hotel & Restaurant
Ranked #35 of 44 Hotels in Chester
Reviewed 30 July 2009

Frogg Manor is quite simply unique. My wife and I married there this July as we are both fed up with "Cut-out" weddings. We wanted someplace that expressed what is important to both of us and that is simply the people who we invited, great food and a venue like no other.
John and the staff at Frogg Manor helped make our wedding a day that we will always remember. From the unique "Tree House" (unashamed luxury) and the superb meal to the wonderful feeling of "not quite knowing what to expect next", quiet simply made the best day of our lives complete. This venue is like no other anywhere and that is good. People who don't like the place quiet simply have never lived and must be wrapped up in so many things that in the great scheme of things don't really matter.
Thank you John and all your staff. We will only recmommend you to people who we feel will understand what you have. Don't ever change it please.
Paul and Lindsay x

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Frogg Manor Hotel & Restaurant

Reviewed 22 July 2009

When I looked at the reviews and picture on-line after i had endured a horrendous dinning experience I was in shock to say the least, the pictures don't show the very extensive weed garden which they have been growing. With this restaurant it is hard to find any other positive apart from the food, the service was dire, the decor in my opinion was tacky and obsessive, the staff and inparticulally the manager ( john sykes) were unfriendly, unhappyy and abrupt. Is it too much to ask for a smile with the service? The cleanlliness was laughable.

What I Liked: The Food

What I Disliked: Everything Else

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank Fine-Dinning
Reviewed 22 July 2009

The service was horrendous, the owner rude (being from Yorkshire does not make your rudeness forgiveable. Your previous comments are insulting to the many lovely people of this county) and the restaurant incredibly slow (1.5 hours waiting). However, should you not encounter the ChiefFrogg as he calls himself, I'm sure you shall have a far better experience! On the other hand, our blonde haired waitress was great (pleasant and upbeat).

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank gingerbreadman87
Reviewed 12 June 2009

My wife and i went for a Saturday dinner after recommendations from friends and were pleasantly surprised. The building definately has a Cheshire "old money" feel which is what I hoped for. And the food consumed was of the highest order. The owner and staff are somewhat special and rare in todays world of restaurants - they actually talk to you ! the owner is a real Basil Fawlty type and really makes the experience special. I can only assume that the few previous negative reviews on here about him are from people who struggle to interact. I found out the following day that we had been overcharged £10, due to cocktails being added to our bill in error. When i popped in there the day after to raise the issue, the owner gave me a £10 note and was very apologetic. The only slight damper on the evening was that they called me a taxi from Chester to take me to Wrexham ! It was twice the price that I had bargained for. A generally cracking night and I hope to be back with friends.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 April 2009

My boss treated a group of us to a night at Frogg Manor in November 2006; we had a fantastic time. If you love England and all that it used to represent, than you will LOVE this place.

On arrival, we were met by a chap (John) whose unusual quirkiness quickly gave way to acute English eccentricity. Our room, (possibly the cheapest in the hotel as we were last of our party to arrive), was rustic in appearance with a 'cottage' feel to it and was clean and tidy.

We met in a very comfortable lounge for pre-dinner drinks. Cold beer, music from a bygone era and comfortable sofas were a welcome start to the evening. We were then shown through to dinner. The dining room had a great feel to it, food was of incredible quality and cooked to perfection. After dinner, we retired back to the lounge, further soaked up the ambience and were served well into the small hours by staff for whom nothing seemed too much trouble.

We are looking forward to our next trip.

• Stayed: November 2006, travelled with friends
1  Thank abhStockport
Reviewed 28 April 2009

When we arrived at Frogg Manor, we were greeted by a very friendly young girl in reception. She only looked about 14 or so but she was very friendly and called out 'John' so that the owner could come and check us in. He was an odd chap but again, very friendly and quite amusing. He then showed us to our room and it was really lovely. We were staying in the Churchill and it had a lovely view onto the wonderful gardens. As we went down to dinner that night, we were taken up into the bar where we sat with the lady of the manor and her wonderful little yorkshire terrier, Bubbles I think it was. She was adorable!! (the dog!) Then, the young girl who greeted us when we arrived came up and told us our table was ready and she escorted us down to dinner, where we sat in the conservatory. This young waitress was very efficent and she was always so friendly and polite. I was impressed because she was working on her own and yet she remembered everything and everything went out on time. The food was excellent and I was very impressed. After dinner, we went back up to the bar and sat with Bubbles and the lady of the manor and we had a lovely old chat about dogs! We then went to bed and we had a comfortable nights sleep ~ I really enjoyed my weekend at Frogg Manor and I would highly recommend it. If you do ever visit there, look out for that young girl (although she will probably be 16 or so now) because she was very friendly and we were impressed by her waitressing skils. John and the lady of the manor were nice and I enjoyed their company. The rooms were very nice and the service was excellent. Overall, very pleased! Thanks you Frogg Manor for a wonderful weekend!

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank carolstu
Reviewed 13 January 2009

Frogg Manor!!! The most truly fantastic place we have ever been. To celebrate my husbands 40th and not wanting a 'typical hotel' ..... I booked the Tree House (Lady Guinevere suite) in the garden. On arrival we were greeted promptly and shown to our room. The room was amazing..offering a full range of toileteries, aftershaves etc...(even wellies and brollies were provided!!!) They have thought of everything! It was a dream experience when the stars twinkled on the ceiling.
Excellent food and superb service. Quirky with a difference would best describe Frogg Manor...we cannot wait to go back! Thank you to Jennifer and all the staff for making us feel so welcome! The Roebucks!

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank shelley873
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chester
The Boathouse & Riverside Rooms
#2 of 44 in Chester
The Mill Hotel
The Mill Hotel
#12 of 44 in Chester

Been to Frogg Manor Hotel & Restaurant? Share your experiences!