“Go with it and enjoy the experience”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Chester
Frogg Manor Hotel & Restaurant
Ranked #37 of 45 Hotels in Chester
Reviewed 2 November 2009

We've been twice and you have to be open to the whole experience. It definitely wont suit everyone. The food is great but breakfast service was a tad random to say the least. However, that's all part of it and it didn't alter the fact that the food was still excellent. John and Charlie are unique - just like Frogg Manor - and that's what it's all about. The rooms are enchanting and we very much appreciated the very thoughtful touches. We think the eccentricity is quite "organised" and doesn't detract from the excellent food, warm welcome and very enjoyable experience. We can appreciate it wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea but there are enough folk out there who "get it" and will ensure that Frogg Manor remains just as it is.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sprite_9

Reviewed 23 October 2009

My partner and i went for an evening dinner, we had one of those high life cards which we used on the night and he said i see you have a low life card which made us feel like a low life, i didn't eat some parts of my main course and he commented whats a matter with the food, i went into a bathroom and the bath in there hadn't been cleaned in a year no joke, John Sykes eccentric rude no charisma, how he pulled such a beautiful wife il never no ? id never step foot in their ever again.

James

Nantwich

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled as a couple
2  Thank toronto21Nantwich
Reviewed 11 October 2009

Just arrived home after a fantastic weekend. I cannot understand why anybody would say anything bad regarding this hotel or Mr Sykes what a wonderful man, charming, welcoming and an excellent host. We had a fantastic evening meal the food was that good we stayed for sunday lunch the next day. The bedroom was of a very high standard and it was amazing, had a great evening in the bar after our meal and met Mrs Sykes (charlie) who was also a lovely lady. I cannot believe how hard John works to make you feel so welcome.

Thank you once again for a lovely evening Mark and Alison, we will be back.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank betsy07
Reviewed 23 August 2009

Eccentric, quirky, cluttered, sureal, very upstairs & downstairs, different, unexpected, exellent food on a par with the best London restaurants. Staff are helpful and polite the place is an unexpected gem in the Cheshire dynasty. Not the normal Hotel, frogg Manor can never be forgotten. Well worth a stay, there's nothing else like it. Well done to John Sykes and staff, I hope to see you again. ps. I did read some bad reviews prior to my stay, I can honestly say they were wrong. Kindest regards.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 August 2009

I stayed here with my partner in July 2009 and I can honestly say it is one of the most amazing places I have ever stayed. It is a country manor in the most exquisite setting, with beautiful gardens, a lovely contry air and the most amazing food. We stayed in the Lady Guinivere suite, which is a fantastic tree house. It is very spacious inside and stunningly decorated. the owners have thought of every last detail, right down to providing Chanel fragrances in case you forget your toiletries! There is a stars at night light show which can be switched on at night to shine onto the ceiling - absolutely incredible. The suite is decorated to perfection and indeed the decor in extended into the main part of the hotel, hwich again is charming, romantic and quirky.

We ate in the hotel restaurant and the food which is cooked by the owner, is out of this world and well worth every penny. The owners John and Charlee went out of their way to make everything comfortable for us and were most hospitable. Reading the reviews on here I cannot believe this is the same place. Frogg Maor is amazing, I would recommend everyone to stay here. We have been back again since and have another 2 trips planned in the next few months. I cant wait to go back.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2009

I was surprised by my reaction to this charming place. I couldn't stop walking around and taking photographs of the wonderful array of Frogs. All shapes and sizes and in every material imaginable. Other forms of decor too, out of this world.
The staff were very helpful and the food was cooked to perfection and very good value for money. I thought I was a good cook until I tasted THEIR bread and butter pudding.
9 of us were there for a birthday celebration and my daughter and partner stayed in the Lady Guinevere Suite. Unfortunately it was a very wet night so the rest of us didn't get to see that but we believed it was very luxurious. A night to remember for me and a wish to return to have dinner and stay overnight. The host and hostess made the atmosphere so warm and welcoming. I loved it.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 August 2009

Steve and myself with four young children in tow - arrived on a sunny Saturday afternoon in July. We were shown to the impressively spacious Wellington and the children were in the Mountbatten across the hall. It was our our private suite of rooms.... wonderful.
So began our delightful weekend. The children explored the marvellous quirky and stylish surroundings whilst we relaxed with a delicious dry white from the owners extensive and obviously knowledgeable wine list.
Dinner was awe inspiring - the presentation as much as the content.
The next day - the weather continued to surprise us and so the host's lovely wife produced a paddling pool for the four children to enjoy in the superb garden whilst Steve and I had a game of tennis.
We were as reluctant to leave as the children were - but we will be back as soon as possible. Mant thanks to all who made our trip so magical.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chester
The Boathouse & Riverside Rooms
#10 of 45 in Chester
Roomzzz Chester City
Roomzzz Chester City
#2 of 45 in Chester

Been to Frogg Manor Hotel & Restaurant? Share your experiences!