“pleasant stay @ pied bull”
Review of Pied Bull Inn

Pied Bull Inn
Ranked #17 of 79 Chester B&B and Inns
biggin hill kent
“pleasant stay @ pied bull”
Reviewed 11 May 2012

Staff and owner very pleasant.Yes it is true, there is room for improvement,however the price reflects the standard of the venue.We look forward to our next visit, to see the further improvements, especially to the bedrooms and bed linen, blankets in particular.However on the whole the Pub it's has charm and character.

Room Tip: Don't be put off,because the owner has recently purchase the Pub, and has all ready made signifi...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank christine e
Luke S, Manager at Pied Bull Inn, responded to this review, 25 May 2012
Hi,

Im glad you had a pleasant stay with us. Indeed the owner Carl has recently bought the freehold of The Pied Bull and has made many plans to continually improve the quality of the hotel. Already in the last 12 months we have installed a micro-brewery, recovered the chairs in the bar area, painted and decorated.Over the coming months we will be making changes to our rooms but we want to be very careful to insure that we get it right as the pied bull is a beautiful grade 2 listed building with such fantastic historic features such as our 17th century staircase and sloped flooring. We hope to see you again in the future to see further improvements, thankyou for your feedback
Luke

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Stayed at the Pied Bull Inn April 2012. Chester was busy so we decided to book the Pied Bull and give it a go.

In general we were not dissapointed with the stay for one night. Its very central and it has a quaint feel about it. The rooms are adequate and fairly priced plus you get a breakfast included which is good quality.

I read that a few people have moaned about it but if you do want a step higher in quality go for the Crowne Plaza or New Blossoms. This is a pub/inn so you get that....

Try the themed beers they are great. We never hate in the pub but from what I saw it looked nice and reasonably priced..

The staff were very friendly and pollite. They let us check in early and park my car in the pub yard at the back for a tenner. I was also allowed to keep my car there after checking out whilst we wondered round Chester for a few hours.

The only thing that I would bring to the attention of the staff that I forgot about at the time is if you request car keys from guests due to the limited parking then dont leave the car key on full view at the rear of the reception desk for anyone to help themselves to. Reception is in the main pub area and I would have hated to come back to be told my Audi had gone ???????

Apart from that give it a go and take a wheel clamp.

2 Thank JudgeJustice
Luke S, Manager at Pied Bull Inn, responded to this review, 22 May 2012
Hi,

Thankyou for your feedback on your stay at the Pied Bull we take great pride to ensure that everyone has a great experience when visiting by trying to always give the best possible customer service. Your comment on car keys being put behind reception visible to other people was quite right and has has been changed, we now have a secure storage for car keys which is not visible to other people.
We hope to see you again in the future.
Luke
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 April 2012

We stayed at the Pied Bull last Monday and Tuesday. A warm welcome, helpful and friendly staff and a comfortable and relaxing stay. We shall definitely stay there again. Thank you to all the staff.

1 Thank canal65
North Wales
Reviewed 15 April 2012

Booked into the Pied Bull in the lovely City of Chester in April for 3 nights stay. I was made to feel most welcome by ALL members of Staff which is comforting when you are a lone female traveller. The Pied Bull was clean, the room comfortable and the food delicious. I can recommend the Ciabatta with Crayfish in Marie Rose Sauce with Side Salad and Crisps - scrumptious - so nice in fact I had it twice during my stay. The Pub/Hotel is central for the town centre and great for shopping. I really enjoyed my stay and would like to thank everyone of the Staff, Luke & Louise who run the place like clockwork, to Chris who served me breakfast and has worked there for 28 Years (which shows what a friendly place it is) and also Carl the owner who I met briefly but kind carried my bag down on the day of my departure. I will be back - excellent. Sally Hughes, North Wales, April 2012

Room Tip: Perhaps not a good venue for disabled as the beautiful building is Listed and the stairs a little pr...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
Wrecsam, null, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Been eating at the Pied Bull every bank holiday and the occasional SUnday for the last two years. However doubt if we will again after ebservice on Easte Sunday. My husbands dinner was given to someone else by mistake.When we pointed this out the meal was taken from the wrong person and given to my husband and told he's only had a mouthful. When we complained the meal was taken away we thought to get a new one. But no the original was grout back with a little extra meat on. We knew this as there was pepper on the dinner. My husband doesn't use pepper. When we complained again we were given an e mail address to complain. A member of our party has done this and has apparently been told we are barred from eating there in future. We usually spend about £200 - £300 as there are fifteen of us. Oh well they're loss.

Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Janet G

Travellers are raving about these Chester hotels

Wrexham
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Had a meal at the Pied Bull with a group of friends on Easter Sunday. One friend ordered a lamb dinner & one friend ordered a beef dinner. The waitress got the dinners mixed up and was only realised after my friend had eaten some of the lamb dinner which by now was covered in salt and pepper. On realising the mistake the waitress took the lamb dinner from my friend and swapped it for the beef dinner. We complained that the dinner had already been started and a roast potato and veg had been eaten. The waitress response was that "he' only had a mouthful". They took the dinner away & returned with fresh lamb however it was still covered in the original salt and pepper minus a potato. We complained to the manager who did not want to know. We have emailed the manager at the pied bull today only to be told we are now barred. I would not recommend this pub to my worst enemy

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Paula H
Liverpool
Reviewed 9 April 2012

From the friendliness of the staff and the warmth of the atmosphere we expected delightful food. How disappointing. The bread (virtually a loaf so they ticked the quantity rather than quality box) and oil/balsamic starter (tasted more like cooking oil than olive oil) to the 35 minute wait for pie of the day (once the crust was popped we discovered the dish was half empty) to the gammon and eggs with chips that had to be sent back to the kitchen as the chef had omitted to cook them - will never be returning.