“Lovely little cafe.”

Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Friendly helpful staff. Food freshly prepared to an excellent standard. Will visit here again next time we are in Chester.

Reviewed 4 December 2013

Six of us all had an excellent breakfast in this little gem.
Just out of the centre of Chester City, we found the staff warm, flexible and accommodating of our needs. The food was good, well presented and very reasonably priced.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

I have eaten from here twice. The second time I went into the shop to order myself lunch whilst at work to eat at my desk. The lovely lady who served me, was warm and welcoming, explained they ensured that people could eat the things they served due to them caring about their ingredients and processes.

I bought a jacket potato with beef chilli and a huge box of fresh salad. I don't eat mayo, butter or anything mayo related like slaw. It was explained they don't put butter in their jackets as standard and will put it on the side if requested.

The huge tub of salad was only £1.50 and it was rammed full of leaves, cherry toms, onions, peppers and I was asked if I would like any dressing to go with it. So thoughtful.

Whilst I was waiting for my lunch to be prepared I watched the lovely plates of sandwiches come out, I saw a lady with a pram arrive and had the door held open for her and was well looked after, as a pram user myself at the moment, I really appreciate it when you aren't left to battle with doors and navigate tables on your own. That tiny bit of care was noticed.

Everyone was well looked after and the jolly attitude never seemed forced, just genuine, caring and happy. Excellent customer service is rare these days.

A proper jacket potato (baked in the oven instead of microwaved which I think gives it more flavour), lovely chilli, big salad was all tasty and a good size portion. I also like that they do GF food, vegan, other dietary requirements so you don't feel odd asking how something is made, or could you have something without an item. A lot of places these days are not very clear about what is in their meals and you always get that surprise of something you didn't expect on your plate and it wasn't listed on the menu. Not here!

Really rate this place, a very happy customer.

Reviewed 22 November 2013

This cafe is definitely worth a visit, I'm a coeliac and this place is perfect for gluten free, I visited today with my mum. I was very surprised to find that anything i wanted on the menu to be gluten free, very friendly and helpful staff who advised me that I could even have a slice of cake for desert which is very rare, try the Victoria sandwich define. Will definitely be visiting again. Maybe next week while doing a bit of Xmas shopping. Thanks Ladies

Reviewed 16 November 2013

Visited the Marmalade café for lunch based on the reviews for gluten free diets. What a fantastic café. 95% plus of the menu was gluten free or available on gluten free breads in the case of the sandwiches and panini's. The staff were exceptionally knowledgeable on exactly what was in every item, super friendly and helpful. My coeliac girlfriend and I were able to swap sandwiches for the first time ever, it was wonderful to be able to have a light lunch rather than a full meal as is often the case when looking for gluten free options. I would heartily recommend this cafe to anyone, coeliac or not. Great coffee, great for and great service. Makes a refreshing change to all the chains and dull soggy BLT's out there. They also offer Gluten Free Bistro nights which we will be investigating!