“Never again”

Price range: US$5 - US$24
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Fine dining along with GastroPub with a flair of elegance. All ingredients locally sourced and freshly prepared in the kitchen from the bread to the ice cream. Together with a unique fantastic range of wines and freshly prepared cocktails using only fresh products.
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Salmon overcooked carrots and sprouts not cooked not been to the frog for a while. It used to be a treat to visit Final put off when leaving seeing chef cleaning drains in carpark

1  Thank vernon3Cheshire

Reviewed 18 November 2013

We visited the Frogg again as we had such a great 1st visit. The two for £10 isn't on anymore. The prices sure have shot up, fish and chips for £14.95?? I had fajitas, hardly any meat and given two wraps. Was this a children's portion for £10.95?
We had really enjoyed our first visit and took family for the second visit. We felt embarrassed.
The service was good though.
We won't be returning.

Reviewed 27 September 2013

My partner and I (and our children) have been regular visitors to the Frog on and off over the last few years as it is close to our house. We went there when the original owners were there, the next owners after, and the current owners.

So therefore, finally, I feel obliged to comment.

With the change to the current owners we saw a pleasant and much needed change in decor, the main food choices stayed the same (fortunately) and the place started to pick up properly which is lovely to see. The current owners seem very friendly and family orientated.

The main change, is the food. Initially it took a long time to come, but was worth the wait. The 2 for £10 menu was an amazing bargain and brought us back many times even with the long long wait with hungry kids. A few of the people waiting on have left that we had connected to as a family which was sad.

We went there this evening to find it had changed yet again. The "2 for £10" is now "2 for £12.50" between 12pm and 6pm!! So if you want that deal you had better get there early. I think that some of the main menu meals have gone up in price too. Instead of a book style menu, you get one laminated sheet with meals and deals on the front and back.

I felt rushed eating. There were some loud people in there hooting away at nearly 7pm, and outside on arrival there was a group of loud lads. Whilst I appreciate that any business is good business, eating my dinner with a group of shrieking people nearby is a long way away from the homely refinement of the original family owners Frog. The meal came quickly and seemed smaller tonight, so thumbs up for quickness, and thumbs down for smaller portion. Also the children's chicken nuggets have gone from chicken breast in batter, to frozen ones.

We have had some hit and miss meals there too. A couple of months ago the fish batter was heavily curry flavoured and put us right off. We gave another chance and it was good again. We have been mischarged and given the wrong portion size of food before, but it has always been resolved. The waiting time we put up with, but something is missing. I think maybe the current owners haven't completely defined what sort of place they want it to be, I think changing the "2 for..." offer to 12-6pm and increasing the cost will kill off some of their eating trade once word gets round.

I left feeling a bit empty and sad that some of the heart of this place no longer remains.

2  Thank DmjayB
Reviewed 25 September 2013

2 for £10 great value. I had pasta carbonara. The portion size was great and garlic bread fresh and crispy. I asked for Parmesan and I was given a little pot of shavings which was lovely. The dish was fresh and very tasty. My partner had steak and Guinness pie which was full of meaty chunks and delicious.
Great alternative to a takeaway if you can't be bothered cooking after a long day.
I would recommend.

Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

I have eaten at the Frog many times in the past but this was my first time in a few years and how things have changed! It was only a mid-week visit and we chose from the 2 for 10 pound menu. The only edible part of my steak and ale pie meal wsd the chips. The pie, a very small portion, was dry and when I told the straight-faced waitress she said 'Oh' ! And just walked away. Needless to say that will be my last visit. The customer service leaves a lot to be desired.

1  Thank cousinten