“Cupcakes to die for”

Ranked #2 of 11 Dessert in Chester
Price range: US$3 - US$27
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Mad Hatters Tearoom & Bakery is located at the historic and unique building of The Rectory, 49 Bridge Street Row, within the city walls of Chester in Cheshire. With subtle English Tearoom eccentricity and a touch of 'Wonderland', visit Mad Hatters to enjoy our breakfasts, elevenses, light lunches, and Mad Hatters' speciality, Afternoon Tea. We also play host to private functions and corporate events with a full bespoke event planning service.
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Stopped off for a coffee and spotted the wide range of homemade cupcakes. Had an Oreo cupcake and a carrot & orange cupcake. Excellent coffee. Worth a visit.

1  Thank noeldobbin

Reviewed 11 August 2014

I have visited the Mad Hatters Tearoom and Bakery recently and unfortunately I was very disappointed. We chose to visit here as the sign from the High street was inviting and so was the display in the window yet inside was dull.

The room seemed empty and had no atmosphere what so ever apart from a radio playing in the background. The interior did not seem to continue the 'Mad Hatters' theme either. One good point however, is the staff as they were welcoming and served us with a smile. We did not choose to have the afternoon tea which was on offer so if we had have chose this, I might have had a better experience.

Overall I was disappointed and was expecting better.

1  Thank Lucinda94
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I love this place it has a wonderful atmosphere the staff are super friendly and I keep coming back for more. I have had the afternoon tea which was lovely on previous visits the eggs benedict. The scones are brillant too. I usually have rose tea. It would be great if they could slighty widen their assortment of cakes a little beyond cupcakes and brownies it changes all the time but its a bit of pot luck on these there was very nice chocolate experience with the afternoon tea.
I will be back.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

As soon as I park up in Chester this is my first go to place to get a supply of cupcakes to satisfy my sweet tooth! I've had lunch here a couple of times and the paninis are lovely. The decor and theme is cute and so different, BUT if you go there for nothing else pick up a take out of cupcakes! They're Amazing, softest sponge and sweetest tastiest icing on top in a great array of flavours.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

I always love having tea and cake at Mad Hatters, as the cupcakes are the best I've ever tasted! Their other meals are lovely too and the staff have always been friendly. Lovely place, highly recommend!

2  Thank Bexiblue