“Good cup of tea”

Tea on the Wall
Ranked #15 of 41 Coffee & Tea in Chester
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Vintage, but stylish. Chic, but definitely not shabby. Light and bright with loads of windows and fantastic views. Comfy seats so you'll want to stay for ages. And once upon a time, it's said, the Chester hangman lived here. Why not pay us a visit ?
n/a
“Good cup of tea”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

After walking 3/4 of the way around the walls of Chester I came across this little tea room.
The staff are very friendly and the pot of tea I received served 4 cups.

The tea was served in good quality china which added to the relaxing break.
There is an old world charm about the establishment which fits the character of Chester and I recommend any who are passing to go in for a relaxing time (especially if it is a hot day).

Staunton, Virginia
“Fine, but not great”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Very nice staff and a kind owner. Several undergraduates and I had sandwiches and a cream tea here one afternoon. The tea was good, but the scone a little dry and uninspiring. The clotted cream and jam made sure that wasn't a problem, but it was a bit disappointing. The club sandwich was very generous, but the other portions were rather small. The sandwiches were otherwise fine, but not remarkable. This cafe has a lovely outlook on the walls and deserves to do well because of the good attitudes of the staff, but really does need to improve the quality of the food.

2 Thank Stephen C
Lancashire, United Kingdom
“Pleasant surroundings, but only average food.”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Tea on the Wall is a very pleasant tearoom, the young staff are pleasant and polite, and the service is OK.. On the day of our visit, we ordered tuna melts, which were served with a little side salad. The presentation was good, but we both felt that the food was a bit bland. Perhaps they use a very mild cheese. Priced at around £6, I would have expected something a little better. The salad could have done with a bit of salad dressing as well.
They serve Tregothnan tea, which is one of the best you can get, but we had to ask for some additional water for ours, otherwise we would only have managed one cup each. Overall, I don't think I can rate it any more than average, and I don't think we'd go back, as there are plenty of better places to eat in Chester.

1 Thank Les F
Stockport, United Kingdom
“Pleasant surroundings for afternoon tea”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

My friend and I who are afternoon tea aficionados visited on a KGB deal for proseco afternoon tea. The tea shop is lovely and airy. The afternoon tea was lovely but the portions weren't huge - had I been paying full price I would have been disappointed but with the voucher was good value.

Visited June 2014
Aberdeen
“Gem”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We saw this little gem whilst on a walking tour of the city centre and decided to return to it for a late snack lunch. All the places we had passed in the main town were very full and busy - this was a very pleasant oasis for a quiet snack lunch - the afternoon teas that others were sampling also looked excellent.

• Visited June 2014