“OMG”

Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

Slow roast Ox cheek with pickled walnuts, fried Padron peppers with maldon salt, OMG everything on the menu was gorgeous, only a small place with great music, the staff can't do enough for you, we sat upstairs looking down on the kitchen whilst watching the chef cook in front of you, I can honestly say I have been to lots of Tapas bars but this is by far the best and most Authentic, can't wait to visit Chester again......

1  Thank WiganMrEdwards

Reviewed 27 February 2014 via mobile

Great tapas, lovely atmosphere, good service and helpful staff. We will be back!
You can't book ahead as it's so small but it wasn't a long wait to get a table or get served even tho it was busy and a Saturday night

Reviewed 22 February 2014

One of the best tapas restaurants I have been to. Small but trendy and food is to die for. Would recommend the potato bravas and the sangria is awesome

1  Thank Tjandjr J
Reviewed 19 February 2014

We arrived without a booking and were seated with no issues, the food was excellent, it was the first time I'd eaten braised pig cheeks, but they melted in my mouth, along with a nice cold beer and a selection of other Tapas,

The atmosphere was nice with people there for either a quick Tapas and a beer or a full meal.

I liked the fact you could watch the chefs at work and you could see the effort going into each dish, and there was a good buzz about it.

I would recommend it if you are taking someone out on a date as the price reflects the quality of the food....

Reviewed 18 February 2014

Went to this venue on a Sunday night. It was quite quiet and they had no problem accommodating us. We were given a table at the very bottom of the bar. We chose the table with the candle lit, sounds a bit pedantic but attention to detail such as candles are important.

We ordered the wine what was very good. At £18.50 it was a nice drop. There are only two options for Red and White. Maybe they could have a house wine at around the £13-£14 especially for those eating in groups though.

The menu's were given and there is a limited but acceptable choice. Only later did I notice that there isn't a kitchen as such but a 'preparation hub' at the bar. The good points of the food were the tortilla what was excellent and the anchovies which were brilliant. We also had the ox cheeks what I would recommend. On the other side the sauce of the Patatas Bravas was a little heavy and claggy, and the chorizo and lentil stew was a little uninspiring. The honeycomb dessert was EXCELLENT.

Prices. I understand what they are trying to do but I think this needs a look. They are setting up as a traditional tapas bar. The seating is bar seating and it is a limited menu as this place is not, in effect, a restaurant. As a result of this, this has to be matched in the prices. I have no problem paying good money but this has to be matched in the whole package. If I am sitting at a bar stool I don't want to pay top dollar. Similarly, as mentioned, the drinks prices are the same.

Pro's: Good service throughout meal. Nice location, decent food.

Con's- Lack of attention to detail with candles etc. Slightly expensive and limited menu, expensive drinks.

Overall would return, but more likely to be at a lunchtime rather than for dinner (if they open) I am afraid you can't offer restaurant prices whilst trying to keep up the pretense of unpretentious bar.

1  Thank Southall202101