“Great 50th Birthday Party”
Review of The Cross Keys

The Cross Keys
Ranked #126 of 575 Restaurants in Chester
Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Weekday pies and gravy Sunday traditional roast
Reviewed 21 January 2014

Booked the Cross Keys function room (called the Slaughtered Lamb) for my partners 50th birthday party. It is finished in traditional oak and boasts its own bar and usual amenities. The facilities and catering were fantastic. The staff were extremely helpful and very accommodating to our needs. Everybody had a brilliant time helped along by DJ Billy. Even after the party had concluded we carried on celebrating downstairs in the bar beside the real log fire!!!! Thanks again to everyone for an awesome night at the Cross Keys!

1  Thank Stephen L

Reviewed 20 January 2014

The most welcoming pub in Chester with gorgeous surroundings with a wonderful log fire, good beer, food, knowledgeable and helpful staff where nothing is to much trouble.

1  Thank Kathryn W
Reviewed 17 January 2014

My husband and I had a wedding reception in The Slaughtered Lamb, the Cross Keys' lovely upstairs function room. I wasn't sure what to expect but I couldn't have asked for better service from Jane the owner and the staff working the event (very accommodating). They let us put up all of our decorations in advance and really made us feel like the room was our own (they also put up with our very boisterous dancing!) We ordered the buffet for our guests and were very impressed by the food- particularly the steak and ale pie and lasagna. Both terrific. Lots of compliments from guests. House wine was also nice. Highly recommend their function room service!! Also, beautiful downstairs interior.

1  Thank Lauren K
Reviewed 15 January 2014

The function room was perfect for our son and daughter-in-law's wedding party of 50 family members and friends. The owners and and staff were so helpful and obliging to us and the event was a great success with excellent food, wine and beer. We danced into the evening.

1  Thank Susan R
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Booked our office party in the function room at the cross keys - how lovely!
we were able to choose table configuration and we chose to be seated on
one big table - all 20 of us. The room was beautiful and really niceley decorated
We had all ordered our choice well before christmas and some had forgotten what they chose, but the lady had all of our names and choices so there was no hassle.
I had the turkey which was very good but for me probably a little too much. The best bit was the pudding, I dont like christmas pudding so I had the rum and orange bread and butter pudding, loved it so much I asked for the recipe and was given it!
We will certainly be making a return visit. good service and loveley pub

1  Thank samantha k