Edgar House
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$124
Official Site
US$74
US$64
Priceline
All reviewshonesty baroverlooking the rivercopper bathmolton brown toiletriestelephone boxriverview balconyhigh bedglass of proseccojelly beanson arrivalreubenbest hotel we have ever stayedgarden terrace roomjunior suitecinema roomtasting menusmall hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 June 2013

Oh my! what a treat. Our son arranged a night for myself and my husband as he knew we'd be bowled over with Edgar House-and the boy did good! The nature of my husband's work means he has to stay in hotels on a regular basis therefore he isn't very forgiving,however he was so impressed he's booked another night in a couple of months. The rooms are exquisite, decorated with such imagination and taste-and lets not forget the copper bath WOW!!!!!!! Where else can you book your own personal cinema complete with icecream and popcorn? or come across an honesty bar enclosed in an original telephone box? Having a car park on the doorstep is ideal as well as having a fab garden overlooking the weir to laze away after tea and cake or a glass or two of fizz! and hey this chef is a serious cook so book that Sunday lunch-we did and will do so again, in fact Im going back with a girlfriend for lunch next week!(a round trip of some 200 miles-told you its nice!) Thank you Mike and Tim- lovely hosts, we felt as if we were leaving good friends, your staff were attentive without being obtrusive and we're so looking forward to staying again.

Room Tip: They all looked fab....
1  Thank CalTaylor
Michael S, Owner at Edgar House, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2013

Dear Carol
Many thanks indeed for your stunning review. What can I say? It was a pleasure to look after you and Elwyn, and I'm thrilled that you enjoyed your Sunday lunch also - a choice of beef or lamb I believe this coming Sunday should you fancy a return visit.
Tim and I look forward to welcoming you both back to the hotel later in the year.
Very best wishes,

Reviewed 17 June 2013

We visited Edgar House after reading the positive reviews and it lived up to our expectations and more! The room was beautiful, gorgeous decor, large sash windows and a lovely terrace overlooking the river. The owners of the hotel are friendly and welcoming without being 'over the top'. It takes only a few minutes to walk into the city centre and parking was free. We had a wonderful stay here and we will definitely return. Thank you for a fabulous night away from the kids!!

Michael S, Owner at Edgar House, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2013

Dear KGStaffs
Thank you ever so much for your lovely review. It was our absolute pleasure to look after you and Andy, and I do hope we can look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.
Best wishes,

Reviewed 17 June 2013

I've visited Chester a few times and stayed at the Chester Grosvenor prior to this occasion. Browsing on-line I discovered Edgar House because of its rave reviews and as a result made a booking over a long weekend.
I wouldn't say this lightly but what a truly fantastic experience. I'm a bit of a stickler for attention to detail but Edgar House surpasses by some margin anywhere I've ever stayed before. The rooms are simply stunning with some having a higher bed for example, so the lovely river outside the window can be seen. The subtle lighting, beautiful bathroom and the balcony overlooking the weir on the river - fantastic. The food is quite obviously locally sourced, we had breakfast on one of the morning we stayed, I wish I'd had it on the other. Everything has so much care lavished on it. I'm running out of adjectives to describe this lovely hotel.

Personally though I appreciate what must have been an incredible about of work that's gone into creating such a wonderful place, even the smallest detail obviously carefully thought through. The owners Mike and Tim are caring delightful hosts who were even kind enough for example to offer my girlfriend and I a glass of champagne while we waited for a taxi they had booked. I particularly loved the honesty bar housed in a black telephone booth and the private cinema available to residents. Had I the time I'd have stayed all week. I loved it.

Room Tip: Pick a room with a balcony. Sitting outside with a glass of wine overlooking the river is delightful.
1  Thank SG54LAM
Michael S, Owner at Edgar House, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2013

Dear SG54LAM
Thank you ever so much for your wonderful review. I have to say it makes us feel very proud, but also humble at the same time to have created something which gives people so much pleasure - which is of course our raison d'être.
We would be delighted to welcome you and Charlotte back again very soon.
With very best wishes,

Reviewed 16 June 2013

We live in Chester and wanted some luxury for a night away from the kids. It was everything we wanted. Great location, luxurious room and fantastic service. We would recommend the breakfast in your room, sat in bed overlooking the river and walls made us forget the normal madness at this time of the day.
We will be returning.

Michael S, Owner at Edgar House, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2013

Dear Skibumengland
Many thanks indeed for your super review. We're thrilled you had a great time - we try to make sure that being pampered is high on the agenda! :)
Great that you enjoyed your breakfast in bed too.
It would be lovely to look after you again, so we hope to see you again soon.
Best wishes,

Reviewed 12 June 2013

We've stayed in hundreds of hotels and B&Bs and Edgar house is by far the best to date. The location is fantastic, the renovations fabulous and the personal service from Mike and Tim was world class! So called six star hotels don't offer service like this and it really made our weekend. Restaurants booked for us, offers of breakfast in the room (as was our arrival lunch) just made us feel like we were being utterly spoiled. As we arrived early Mike showed us the other rooms too... They are ALL fantastically appointed and decorated.... Our room, a river view with balcony was out of this world. If you are after a fantastic weekend... Book Edgar House... Go on do it , no need to look any further!! (And no, I'm not on commission!!).

• Stayed: June 2013
Michael S, Owner at Edgar House, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2013

Dear JonHine69
What an amazing review, that's fantastic. I'm so thrilled that you and Catherine had such a great time and that you felt spoilt - that's exactly our aim of course.
I hope you can find the time to come visit us again soon.
With best wishes,