“Afternoon tea” 5 of 5 bubbles

Edgar House
Ranked #1 of 45 Hotels in Chester
“Afternoon tea”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

Just off the wall near the river Dee is a beautiful white Georgian building where we went for afternoon tea. We sat outside in the sunshine overlooking the river and were served a tray of loving homemade sandwiches, followed by scones and mini cakes which were all delicious. The staff were all lovely particularly the gentleman who showed us to our seats and made sure we were comfortable. Five stars for the stunning surroundings and attention to detail

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Sairarya
Michael S, Owner at Edgar House, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear Sairarya
Thank you so much for your lovely review. I hope we can welcome you back another time soon. Best wishes, Mike.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

I chose this hotel after doing plenty of research online, and must admit it has lived up to all previous reviews.
It was real treat in every respect...I am a fuss pot and usually find something 'not quite so' in every hotel I have stayed in; this was not the case this time. The owners genuinely care about their guests experience which makes all the difference. I'm a convert....no more chain hotels for me!
Perfect in every way.
Thank you Mike and Tim.

1 Thank miaandrichiesmum
Michael S, Owner at Edgar House, responded to this review, 27 April 2014
Dear MiaAndRichiesMum
Thank you very much for your lovely review. You have me at a slight disadvantage, in that your username doesn't give away who you are - I think I know but daren't guess just in case :)
Anyway, thrilled that you had a fab time with us and enjoyed Chester too. When are you moving up ? Hope to see you again soon. Best wishes, Mike.
East Yorkshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

Enjoyed every minute of our stay. Wished we could have stayed longer and will definitely return. From the hosts to the amazing room and delicious breakfast, it could not be any better. We stayed in a river view room with a balcony and would definitely recommend it!

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank sarah_u_k87
Dear Sarah
Thank you so much for your lovely review
I'm glad you and Colm got home OK to Cottingham, and I hope we can welcome you back again very soon
Rossendale, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

We have spent Easter Bank Holiday weekend at Edgar House and from the moment we arrived to the minute we left we had a truly 5 star experience.

The rooms are designed, furnished and equipped to a tasteful and high standard from the Bed linen to the Bathroom and even the Silk teabags, daily fresh milk and chocolate brownies!

Mike and Tim are fantastic hosts and provide a warm welcome to Edgar House and nothing is too much trouble, their passion for their Business and its high standards is clearly evident and they really have created a gem of a Hotel. This is a real 5 star Hotel with a friendly attitude and a comfortable and relaxed environment.

Lets not forget the Staff who always had a smile and provided us with a excellent and friendly service.

Thank you Mike, Tim and all the Staff for a truly fantastic and comfortable stay and we hope to see you soon.

Phil & Mandy

1 Thank philandmandy11
Dear Phil and Mandy
Thank you ever so much for your great review
It is really appreciated and especially mentioning our staff who do an excellent job
I hope we can welcome you again soon, it would be our pleasure to look after you again
Best wishes,
Lancaster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

There seems to be little I can add to the glowing reviews already written about Edgar House, but I'll give it my best shot! Despite arriving earlier than expected, and slap-bang into the middle of a private party, we still received a warm welcome from Mike and Tim, were shown to the lounge and given a cup of tea while our room was made ready for us. The room itself - the Riverview Balcony - was fabulous. The bed is rather high so that you can take advantage of the view of the river, and as I'm only 5'3", this presented a slight challenge, but it was worth it to be able to watch the herons fishing from the comfort of the bed! We took advantage of the "Wonderful Sunday" offer, and can vouch for both the Sunday lunch and the cooked breakfast - both were excellent and a real testament to the excellent quality and attention to detail we experienced throughout our stay. We left feeling thoroughly cosseted - thank you very much, we hope to be able to visit again one day.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank GreedyLizzie
Dear GreedyLizzie
Sorry I can't use your real name, Tripadvisor won't let me :)
Thanks so much for your lovely review. It was lovely to meet you and look after you and your partner. I hope we can do it again soon. Very best wishes, Mike.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed at Edgar House for 2 nights to celebrate our wedding anniversary and from the minute we arrived knew we'd found somewhere very special indeed. We were warmly welcomed by Mike who showed us around the most exquisite and superbly decorated accommodation and proved to be a first class host throughout our stay. We felt that he genuinely wanted us to have the best stay we possibly could have and my goodness we certainly did. Our room overlooked the magnificent river Dee and was immaculate, the bed huge with luxurious Egyptian cotton sheets which ensured a fabulous night's sleep. Underfloor heating in the bathroom and subtle lighting added to this wonderful experience. The breakfast was to die for, fresh local ingredients expertly cooked (best eggs Benedict ever). With many other little touches showing so much attention to detail you will not be disappointed. Thank you so much Mike and Tim.
V0DR94Z

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jan G
Michael S, Owner at Edgar House, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Dear Jan
Thank you soooo much for your lovely review. Tim and I are so very thrilled that we made your anniversary stay that extra bit special, and I hope that we can do it all again next year - or sooner - your balcony room awaits those heady Summer evenings :)
Caernarfon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

I love staying in hotels but I fear that nothing will live up to the experience of staying at Edgar House. It was a special occasion and I have never paid for a suit anywhere before so I was pushing the boat out (went on a Sunday night for a cheaper price). I can't fault the whole experience- and it was an experience! I felt like royalty from when I was greeted to the time I left-. We were taken to the lounge to be greeted - no reception desk here! We were given a detailed tour of the hotel and suite and was brought fresh milk for the tea and coffee and a glass of prosecco and chocolate brownie to welcome us! A taxi was booked on our behalf for that evening and a nice note under the door confirmed this (I've kept it :-) ). In the suite we had a copper bath in the bedroom- it was bliss! Best was to spend a Sunday afternoon with a bottle of fizz! Loved the Molton Brown goodies and breakfast was amazing. I had porridge made with CREAM! Sooooo good- as a treat, followed by the Eggs Benedict. Please try the apple juice- so nice. We refused toast as we were too full. The menu itself was wonderful with today's weather on the top and trivia about the date- such a nice touch. There are many more good things that I could mention about this hotel but the service was 100% and the suite was just luxury. Someone has already booked the suite after our recommendation and I expect that more will do the same. Shame in one way as I would like it to be our own 'secret hotel'! Will certainly be back one day but no other room will do!
Feedback code- J7JF12B

Room Tip: The junior suite is a special place