Edgar House
Hotwire.com
US$81
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewshonesty baroverlooking the rivercopper bathmolton brown toiletriestelephone boxriverview balconyhigh bedglass of proseccojelly beanson arrivalreubenbest hotel we have ever stayedgarden terrace roomjunior suitecinema roomtasting menusmall hotel
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Just off the wall near the river Dee is a beautiful white Georgian building where we went for afternoon tea. We sat outside in the sunshine overlooking the river and were served a tray of loving homemade sandwiches, followed by scones and mini cakes which were all delicious. The staff were all lovely particularly the gentleman who showed us to our seats and made sure we were comfortable. Five stars for the stunning surroundings and attention to detail

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Sairarya
Michael S, Owner at Edgar House, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear Sairarya
Thank you so much for your lovely review. I hope we can welcome you back another time soon. Best wishes, Mike.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

I chose this hotel after doing plenty of research online, and must admit it has lived up to all previous reviews.
It was real treat in every respect...I am a fuss pot and usually find something 'not quite so' in every hotel I have stayed in; this was not the case this time. The owners genuinely care about their guests experience which makes all the difference. I'm a convert....no more chain hotels for me!
Perfect in every way.
Thank you Mike and Tim.

1  Thank miaandrichiesmum
Michael S, Owner at Edgar House, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2014

Dear MiaAndRichiesMum
Thank you very much for your lovely review. You have me at a slight disadvantage, in that your username doesn't give away who you are - I think I know but daren't guess just in case :)
Anyway, thrilled that you had a fab time with us and enjoyed Chester too. When are you moving up ? Hope to see you again soon. Best wishes, Mike.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Enjoyed every minute of our stay. Wished we could have stayed longer and will definitely return. From the hosts to the amazing room and delicious breakfast, it could not be any better. We stayed in a river view room with a balcony and would definitely recommend it!

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank sarah_u_k87
Michael S, Owner at Edgar House, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Dear Sarah
Thank you so much for your lovely review
I'm glad you and Colm got home OK to Cottingham, and I hope we can welcome you back again very soon
Very best wishes,
Mike.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

We have spent Easter Bank Holiday weekend at Edgar House and from the moment we arrived to the minute we left we had a truly 5 star experience.

The rooms are designed, furnished and equipped to a tasteful and high standard from the Bed linen to the Bathroom and even the Silk teabags, daily fresh milk and chocolate brownies!

Mike and Tim are fantastic hosts and provide a warm welcome to Edgar House and nothing is too much trouble, their passion for their Business and its high standards is clearly evident and they really have created a gem of a Hotel. This is a real 5 star Hotel with a friendly attitude and a comfortable and relaxed environment.

Lets not forget the Staff who always had a smile and provided us with a excellent and friendly service.

Thank you Mike, Tim and all the Staff for a truly fantastic and comfortable stay and we hope to see you soon.

Phil & Mandy

1  Thank philandmandy11

Dear Phil and Mandy
Thank you ever so much for your great review
It is really appreciated and especially mentioning our staff who do an excellent job
I hope we can welcome you again soon, it would be our pleasure to look after you again
Best wishes,
Mike.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

There seems to be little I can add to the glowing reviews already written about Edgar House, but I'll give it my best shot! Despite arriving earlier than expected, and slap-bang into the middle of a private party, we still received a warm welcome from Mike and Tim, were shown to the lounge and given a cup of tea while our room was made ready for us. The room itself - the Riverview Balcony - was fabulous. The bed is rather high so that you can take advantage of the view of the river, and as I'm only 5'3", this presented a slight challenge, but it was worth it to be able to watch the herons fishing from the comfort of the bed! We took advantage of the "Wonderful Sunday" offer, and can vouch for both the Sunday lunch and the cooked breakfast - both were excellent and a real testament to the excellent quality and attention to detail we experienced throughout our stay. We left feeling thoroughly cosseted - thank you very much, we hope to be able to visit again one day.

1  Thank GreedyLizzie

Dear GreedyLizzie
Sorry I can't use your real name, Tripadvisor won't let me :)
Thanks so much for your lovely review. It was lovely to meet you and look after you and your partner. I hope we can do it again soon. Very best wishes, Mike.