“Beautiful hotel”

Edgar House
Ranked #1 of 44 Hotels in Chester
“Beautiful hotel”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

My best friend and I have just stayed at this hotel and I wanted everyone to know what a beautiful place this is. The attention to detail and the furnishings is clear from the moment you walk in.
We were greeted by the owner who took us to our riverside room and showed us how to work all the things in the room, he then called a taxi for us to get to the races nothing seemed too much trouble. If you looking for a boutique hotel with a bit of edge this is the place to go. The breakfast in the morning was also first class and I will definitely go back here again.

• Stayed May 2014
Michael S, Owner at Edgar House, responded to this review, 11 May 2014
Dear Rebecca
Many thanks for your review and for coming to stay with us. We're thrilled you had a great time and it would be our pleasure to welcome you and Conor back to Edgar House
Best wishes,
Mike.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I was only able to stay for one night, but the experience was perfect. A beautiful hotel that has clearly been thought through to the tiniest detail, with great care and attention, so that every guest feels personally cared for and looked after. The hosts Tim and Mike made sure every guest had a personal welcome and were unobtrusive but always available when needed. It's easy to see that they genuinely care that each guest enjoys their stay. The rooms are luxuriously comfortable, the breakfasts are decadent and the river view is superb. Being right on the ancient Roman wall around Chester it's also a perfect place to explore the city from.
I was lucky enough to have a river-view room (the bed is raised so that you can even enjoy the view as you wake up!) with balcony - book this if you possibly can!
Emir

Room Tip: Book a river-view room with balcony if you can, but every room I saw was lavishly comfortable.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Emir H
Michael S, Owner at Edgar House, responded to this review, 4 May 2014
Dear Emir
Thank you so much for your lovely review and I'm glad you got back to London OK
It was a pleasure to meet you and look after you and I do hope that you can come back again soon - and stay for longer
Very best wishes
Mike
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Just off the wall near the river Dee is a beautiful white Georgian building where we went for afternoon tea. We sat outside in the sunshine overlooking the river and were served a tray of loving homemade sandwiches, followed by scones and mini cakes which were all delicious. The staff were all lovely particularly the gentleman who showed us to our seats and made sure we were comfortable. Five stars for the stunning surroundings and attention to detail

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Sairarya
Michael S, Owner at Edgar House, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear Sairarya
Thank you so much for your lovely review. I hope we can welcome you back another time soon. Best wishes, Mike.
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I chose this hotel after doing plenty of research online, and must admit it has lived up to all previous reviews.
It was real treat in every respect...I am a fuss pot and usually find something 'not quite so' in every hotel I have stayed in; this was not the case this time. The owners genuinely care about their guests experience which makes all the difference. I'm a convert....no more chain hotels for me!
Perfect in every way.
Thank you Mike and Tim.

1 Thank miaandrichiesmum
Michael S, Owner at Edgar House, responded to this review, 27 April 2014
Dear MiaAndRichiesMum
Thank you very much for your lovely review. You have me at a slight disadvantage, in that your username doesn't give away who you are - I think I know but daren't guess just in case :)
Anyway, thrilled that you had a fab time with us and enjoyed Chester too. When are you moving up ? Hope to see you again soon. Best wishes, Mike.
East Yorkshire
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Enjoyed every minute of our stay. Wished we could have stayed longer and will definitely return. From the hosts to the amazing room and delicious breakfast, it could not be any better. We stayed in a river view room with a balcony and would definitely recommend it!

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank sarah_u_k87
Dear Sarah
Thank you so much for your lovely review
I'm glad you and Colm got home OK to Cottingham, and I hope we can welcome you back again very soon
Very best wishes,
Rossendale, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We have spent Easter Bank Holiday weekend at Edgar House and from the moment we arrived to the minute we left we had a truly 5 star experience.

The rooms are designed, furnished and equipped to a tasteful and high standard from the Bed linen to the Bathroom and even the Silk teabags, daily fresh milk and chocolate brownies!

Mike and Tim are fantastic hosts and provide a warm welcome to Edgar House and nothing is too much trouble, their passion for their Business and its high standards is clearly evident and they really have created a gem of a Hotel. This is a real 5 star Hotel with a friendly attitude and a comfortable and relaxed environment.

Lets not forget the Staff who always had a smile and provided us with a excellent and friendly service.

Thank you Mike, Tim and all the Staff for a truly fantastic and comfortable stay and we hope to see you soon.

Phil & Mandy

1 Thank philandmandy11
Dear Phil and Mandy
Thank you ever so much for your great review
It is really appreciated and especially mentioning our staff who do an excellent job
I hope we can welcome you again soon, it would be our pleasure to look after you again
Best wishes,
Lancaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 April 2014

There seems to be little I can add to the glowing reviews already written about Edgar House, but I'll give it my best shot! Despite arriving earlier than expected, and slap-bang into the middle of a private party, we still received a warm welcome from Mike and Tim, were shown to the lounge and given a cup of tea while our room was made ready for us. The room itself - the Riverview Balcony - was fabulous. The bed is rather high so that you can take advantage of the view of the river, and as I'm only 5'3", this presented a slight challenge, but it was worth it to be able to watch the herons fishing from the comfort of the bed! We took advantage of the "Wonderful Sunday" offer, and can vouch for both the Sunday lunch and the cooked breakfast - both were excellent and a real testament to the excellent quality and attention to detail we experienced throughout our stay. We left feeling thoroughly cosseted - thank you very much, we hope to be able to visit again one day.

1 Thank GreedyLizzie
Dear GreedyLizzie
Sorry I can't use your real name, Tripadvisor won't let me :)
Thanks so much for your lovely review. It was lovely to meet you and look after you and your partner. I hope we can do it again soon. Very best wishes, Mike.