“Good food, great value”

Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Don't usually visit wetherspoons as they tend to be a bit 'no frills', but this one is excellent. Wonderful and quick service. Had the beer and burger deal, which was great for the price. There's also a huge selection of beers which I'll have to return and try as I ran out of time after two. Definitely recommend to anyone looking for a pleasant yet cheap night!

Reviewed 28 June 2014

I would like to say a big thank you to the whole team at the forest house. When i visited I was told by some friends that it was a good place to go and I was notlet down. The background music alone with the style of the pub could only by out done by the service and value. I man called Rob was the manager and it was a delight to be around, as were all of the staff. I would recoment this pub to anyone reading this if your after, great food low prices, amazing service, a beautiful pub and a fantastic atmosphere. Thank you again.

1  Thank johny_b_goode5645
Reviewed 25 June 2014

After a previous visit I returned with some friends to sample the huge selection of world beers this bar now offers... Amazing choice and great prices, We also found a cellar bar downstairs which offered us the option of quieter surroundings to chat and catch up. It's a rare wetherspoons which combines a traditional environment(no music downstairs) to their Lloyd's brand upstairs that has music. Another great visit and have recommended to friends and family!

Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

Couldn't get a table for breaky in the other 'spoons' so went to this one it was pretty quiet with loads of staff seeming begrudged to be there didn't have to wait long for our like warm breakfasts but we were in a massive hurry so just ate them. Maybe we court the place in a bad day as the bar itself looked amazing and the beer fridge at the far left is something I'll give a try in the coming summer months

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Quite disappointed with our visit to this restaurant. The service wasn't as good as we usually enjoy at Wetherspoon restaurants - we had to wait for our food for what seemed like ages and the people at the next table who arrived sometime after us were served before us. We usually eat at a Wetherspoon's whenever we go on holiday in this country because the food is reasonable in terms of cost. However, even the food wasn't up to the usual standards of this chain. We won't be eating here again if we revisit Chester.