“Pub food isn't as bad as you think!”
Review of The Forest House - CLOSED

The Forest House
Price range: US$0 - US$12
Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 1 September 2014

Me and my friend popped into Burger King to look for a decent meal deal to find out that you have to spend a good £7 so we decided to go for a restaurant instead and decided to give Forest House a go!

I have to admit the food was pretty outstanding for a pub!

I ordered a 6oz Burger which came with chips and a drink. The burger was a decent size, however chips may have been slightly on the smaller portion size. Nevertheless I was full afterwards! The beef itself tasted fresh and done. I paid £4.50 for all of this!

My friend ordered the Chicken massala which she really enjoyed too!

One criticism I would have is that there was no music! The place felt dead as people were trying to whisper in order not to disturb others which lead to a really quiet atmosphere.

Nevertheless, the guy at the bar was able to check on us regularly and make sure everything was okay which was great to see.

Mgr_Forest_House, Manager at The Forest House, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2014

Thanks for you feedback regarding your visit last Monday. I'm glad you found the everything to your liking, hopefully you will visit us again soon. You may prefer our upstairs eating are as we do have music playing all day, the cellar bar is a bit more of an intimate atmosphere.

Reviewed 24 August 2014

This a nice big clean place. It's a pleasure to come here and eat and Friendly staff. I've visited here for breakfast it's very good too. Nothing bad to say. Not like a few up their own bum restaurants.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

A favorite with our party on Race Day I skipped the obligatory big breakfast and went for the light option the classic Eggs Benedict.. Tasty and very good value for money !!!

Just get here early as you might struggle for a table

Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

We have eaten at Wetherspoons often. Whilst on a trip to Chester we ate at the Forest. Food was average and close to cold. The stuffing on the roast dinner was inedible and burnt from the inside as it had been over microwaved. Service was limited and no one checked if we thought our food was ok. When we pointed out the quality of the food the member of staff acknowledged that the stuffing was poor and mentioned that it would be mentioned to the kitchen. The level of customer service was not up to the standard that we have become used to at Wetherspoons in the past.

1  Thank Sean G
Reviewed 6 August 2014

i would like to congratulate this pub/chain for there nice food and more importantly cheaper priced drink and having the price of the beers/drinks readily avalibile at the bar for us the customer to view in stead of having a shock when we pay.but some times the staff seem stretched at times but still came and asked us if the food was ok...more pubs need to display there prices in stead of having them tucked away behind the bar.....well done forest house