Mitchell's of Chester Guest House
US$110
US$81
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewshonesty barrosa roombreakfast was deliciousbeverage trayattentive hostsquality productssmoked haddocklovely loungeon arrivaloff road parkingexcellent staymr mrsminute walkchoice at breakfastlittle touchesconvenient locationbeautiful room
Reviewed 23 December 2009

Stayed here for one night which was booked as a surprise by my daughters. Seven women from the same family from 17-70 and I couldn't rate the place highly enough. The rooms were immaculate and very well thought out with everything to make your stay comfortable. The breakfast was fantastic - tasty and beautifully presesnted. The owners are very friendly and helpful with a beautiful lounge for guests use (complete with parrot) and lovely garden.
Would definately recommend it to anyone and makes a welcome change from a corporate hotel.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank Hounslea
Reviewed 3 December 2009

My boyfriend and I have been living in London for a year and my parents came over from Australia for a roadtrip through the UK. Mitchell's is by far the best B&B we stayed at during our 2 week holiday. The rooms are immaculate and beautifully decorated. The guest house owners are very welcoming and it the perfect place for the traditional English experience. Breakfast was superb and Chester is a gorgeous city not to be missed!

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 September 2009

Very nice B&B, very nice friendly, helpful staff. My two friends and I stayed here for one night, we had a nice big room very clean with two single beds and a double. My bed was comfortable which I am fussy about as I have a bad back, the full english breakfast was great but wouldn't fill you if you like a lot. Easy to get a taxi and didn't cost much to the nearby bars. Fantastic place would stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 July 2009

Our room was on the very top floor and the final set of stairs were very narrow and very steep. If you are travelling with suitcases (as we were), it is very awkward, however no problems if you are just carrying hand luggage.
That said, I cannot fault anything else.
20 minute level walk to Chester city walls - or bus at door if you don't need the exercise

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 June 2009

My wife and I had a 3 night stay here and my overall impression of it was that it was OK but nothing more, not deserving of a very high recommendation but certainly not too bad. The room was quite small in comparison to other B&Bs that we have stayed at and the bed was very uncomfortable (we both had back ache by the time we had left). When i mentioned that the mattress was not comfortable the owner did apparently turn it, however it made no difference. Overall the service was friendly and polite, the breakfast was of good quality and the house was well looked after and spacious. The residents lounge was well stacked with DVDs and videos which we could watch and it was a very comfortable place to sit and chill out. Parking is ample for any average sized family cars and the city of Chester is a pleasant 10-20 minute walk away. If at all possible I would recommend not taking your car into the city as the parking fees are very high (£9 to stay in the multistorey car park).

Overall the city of Chester is beautiful and well worth a visit but I can't help but think that for the price you could probably get a better B&B or one just as good for less money.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled as a couple