“Sunday lunch, disappointing !!”
Review of House Kitchen & Bar - CLOSED

House Kitchen & Bar
Price range: US$4 - US$14
Cuisines: Bar, Cafe
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: A great cafe bar in a fabulous location. With a veranda eating and drinking area overlooking the famous Eastgate Street, this is the ideal spot to sit, relax and unwind. Shopping by day or party by night... A great one-stop venue
Reviewed 5 May 2014

we went there yesterday for lunch. We stood waiting to be seated as stated by notice on the bar, only to be told by a customer to just sit where we wanted. My husband went to the bar to order a bottle of wine and a two course meal @ £9.95 each. We ordered tomato and pepper soup as starters, and then waited and waited.... after 30 minutes we gave up and asked for our money back. So disappointing House !! Have to say that it was not full and staff were not rushed off their feet by any means.

Andrew H, Public Relations Manager at House Kitchen & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Dear Jane

I appreciate you got your money back and it was a very bad experience. With this in mind we intend to investigate the issues for that day. If you feel able to advise any further would you be good enough to email me on customerservice.house@yahoo.com. We hope to see you soon again and possibly improve our rating upwards.

There are newer reviews for House Kitchen & Bar

Reviewed 3 May 2014

From the moment i entered i was welcomed by the friendly and efficient staff. I felt i was the only customer present and that all my requirements would be provided and i wasn't wrong. I was shown to my table and taken through the menu by a lovely lady who helped me choose what was to be a marvellous meal. My bread and dips came immediately with my drinks and i gazed over the terrace and watched chester pass by. Within 15 mins my main course came and was absolutely delicious, I recommend the sirloin steak with pepper sauce which was washed down with a chilled bottle of prosecco. I will certainly be returning on the next sunny day to try another dish off the menu soon. Well done house and keep up the good work.

Dear G12EGT

Thank you for your fabulous feedback on the site and taking time to write your thoughts. Some of the nicest feedback we have had. It is much appreciated and we are committed to making every visit to our venue as fantastic as possible for all customers. I suspect you may become one of our most regular customers if your feedback is anything to go by. This pleases us.

It sounds like we ticked every box for you on this visit. If you have any additional feedback I can share with the team please email on customerservice.house@yahoo.com. We look forward to seeing you again very soon no doubt.

Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

I visited here with some colleagues recently, unfortunately it wasn't a great experience. A lot of our food choices weren't available, however we stayed due to the 2 for 1 cocktails. My second meal choice was Bangers & Mash, which was not very pleasant. The mash was ok, however the sausages were very poor quality and crumbled when cut. They also didn't look very well cooked. The gravy was greasy and thin. A colleague of mine enjoyed their salmon pasta, so I may have just been unlucky with my choice. I personally wouldn't eat here again as £9 was a high price for a virtually inedible meal.

Dear Dinnda

Thank you for your feedback on the site and taking time to write your thoughts. We are very disappointed that you had a poor experience in our restaurant. We would very much like an opportunity to change your view and also learn from your feedback. I have already made the cook team aware of your feedback in relation to the food, sausages especially.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

I visited for lunch yesterday and ordered white onion soup with a cheese and chutney sandwich. The soup was greasy but the main problem was the sandwich. The bread was stale and there was no chutney. I informed a staff member who apologised and brought a pot of chutney which I had to insert on the sandwich. Not easy on grated cheese. The snack was served on a oval platter which was chipped. My partner had the ceaser salad which she enjoyed

Dear Militaryprovost

Thank you for visiting Tripadvisor and writing your thoughts about our venue. We are very disappointed that you had only an average experience in our restaurant. It is much appreciated feedback and we are committed to making every visit to our venue as fantastic as possible for all customers. The cook team have already been informed about all your concerns and we are committed to learning from this

Your score of average is of course a concern to us. With this in mind we would like to fully investigate the issues for that day. If you feel able to advise any further would you be good enough to email me on customerservice.house@yahoo.com. We hope to see you soon again and possibly improve our rating upwards

House Central office

Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

Had lunch and a coffee ! Good ,fresh and full of flavour , can't recommend them highly enough ! Had our lunch overlooking Chester high street , which was relaxing and on a warm sunny afternoon , can't wait to go again .

Dear Janine

Thank you for your fabulous feedback on the site and taking time to write your thoughts. It is much appreciated and we are committed to making every visit to our venue as fantastic as possible for all customers. If you have any additional feedback I can share with the team please email on customerservice.house@yahoo.com. We look forward to seeing you again soon.