“DISGUSTING BURGERS” 2 of 5 bubbles

House Kitchen & Bar
Ranked #395 of 547 Restaurants in Chester
Price range: US$4 - US$12
Cuisines: Cafe, International
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: A great cafe bar in a fabulous location. With a veranda eating and drinking area overlooking the famous Eastgate Street, this is the ideal spot to sit, relax and unwind. Shopping by day or party by night... A great one-stop venue
Chester, United Kingdom
“DISGUSTING BURGERS”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

I never write reviews but those burgers were so bland I couldn't even eat half. Keep in mind, no matter how big the burger typically is, I eat the whole thing. My boyfriend? He's the same. But he could barley eat over half. I honestly feel as if I threw my money away. So bad.

Leicester, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Average food, nice setting”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

Picked this restaurant due to the lovely seating area overlooking the pretty high street. We ordered pasta dishes which we're average and overpriced for what they were. My pasta dish came with spaghetti and I don't think that the chicken was chicken breast meat. My partners meatballs were nice but the sauce was bland and the dish was not worth the £9/£10. The couple next to us ordered Tapas and that looked lovely, so maybe we just made the wrong food choice.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Andrew H, Public Relations Manager at House Kitchen & Bar, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Dear Alice

Thank you for your feedback on the site and taking time to write your thoughts. We are very disappointed that you had a poor experience in our restaurant. We would very much like an opportunity to change your view and also learn from your feedback. I am sure another trip will reward you with the visit you clearly deserve.

As said, we thank you for your feedback but if you feel able to advise any further would you be good enough to email me on customerservice.house@yahoo.com. We hope to see you soon again and possibly improve our rating upwards

north wales
“Sunday lunch, disappointing !!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

we went there yesterday for lunch. We stood waiting to be seated as stated by notice on the bar, only to be told by a customer to just sit where we wanted. My husband went to the bar to order a bottle of wine and a two course meal @ £9.95 each. We ordered tomato and pepper soup as starters, and then waited and waited.... after 30 minutes we gave up and asked for our money back. So disappointing House !! Have to say that it was not full and staff were not rushed off their feet by any means.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Andrew H, Public Relations Manager at House Kitchen & Bar, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Dear Jane

I appreciate you got your money back and it was a very bad experience. With this in mind we intend to investigate the issues for that day. If you feel able to advise any further would you be good enough to email me on customerservice.house@yahoo.com. We hope to see you soon again and possibly improve our rating upwards.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
“The Quaintest bar/restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

From the moment i entered i was welcomed by the friendly and efficient staff. I felt i was the only customer present and that all my requirements would be provided and i wasn't wrong. I was shown to my table and taken through the menu by a lovely lady who helped me choose what was to be a marvellous meal. My bread and dips came immediately with my drinks and i gazed over the terrace and watched chester pass by. Within 15 mins my main course came and was absolutely delicious, I recommend the sirloin steak with pepper sauce which was washed down with a chilled bottle of prosecco. I will certainly be returning on the next sunny day to try another dish off the menu soon. Well done house and keep up the good work.

Dear G12EGT

Thank you for your fabulous feedback on the site and taking time to write your thoughts. Some of the nicest feedback we have had. It is much appreciated and we are committed to making every visit to our venue as fantastic as possible for all customers. I suspect you may become one of our most regular customers if your feedback is anything to go by. This pleases us.

It sounds like we ticked every box for you on this visit. If you have any additional feedback I can share with the team please email on customerservice.house@yahoo.com. We look forward to seeing you again very soon no doubt.

“Poor food quality”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

I visited here with some colleagues recently, unfortunately it wasn't a great experience. A lot of our food choices weren't available, however we stayed due to the 2 for 1 cocktails. My second meal choice was Bangers & Mash, which was not very pleasant. The mash was ok, however the sausages were very poor quality and crumbled when cut. They also didn't look very well cooked. The gravy was greasy and thin. A colleague of mine enjoyed their salmon pasta, so I may have just been unlucky with my choice. I personally wouldn't eat here again as £9 was a high price for a virtually inedible meal.

Dear Dinnda

Thank you for your feedback on the site and taking time to write your thoughts. We are very disappointed that you had a poor experience in our restaurant. We would very much like an opportunity to change your view and also learn from your feedback. I have already made the cook team aware of your feedback in relation to the food, sausages especially.