“Nice place to sit and people watch”
Review of House Kitchen & Bar - CLOSED

House Kitchen & Bar
Price range: US$4 - US$13
Cuisines: Bar, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: A great cafe bar in a fabulous location. With a veranda eating and drinking area overlooking the famous Eastgate Street, this is the ideal spot to sit, relax and unwind. Shopping by day or party by night... A great one-stop venue
Johnstone, United Kingdom
“Nice place to sit and people watch”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Stopped for drinks on our first day. So pleasant that we made a point of going back the next day too.
Will be on our list for where to go back next time.

Visited June 2014

“Tried something different”
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

The setting to the bar/restraunt is fantastic and thought I would try something new, unfortunately I was disappointed with the quality of the food, I ordered the steak and mushroom hot sandwich and priced at 11 pounds for that and a pint if coke.
The first bite was great unfortunately when I tried to bite into the steak I found it a little gristly and far too thick for the sandwich, I ate the remainder of the first half of sandwich without the steak and the rest I left.
And just another minor niggle the tables..... I sat at one it was sticky
Moved to another it was also a bit tacky. You were very quiet at that time with 2 staff members on that I could see maybe take the opportunity to get the tables done while you are quiet

1 Thank Kay S
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“super smashing great.”
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Went to chester for day out called in to house they where very helpful. We had steak cooked how we like it home cooked chips all the trimming great. Would recommend. From the girl in the hat.

• Visited May 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Brilliant service”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Went to House Chester on the 10th of May and was greeted by a smiling girl ready to seat us. The menu was varied, 20% off with a voucher given to me outside by the promotional staff (good thing I didn't ignore!!) nice atmosphere, very clean, with good music. Went with friends so had the nachos to start, absolutely huge! Followed by a steak sandwich, again huge portion for the price. The only downside was it was so busy on the terrace we couldn't get a seat! Overall an enjoyable lunch, quick service, good food. Will be going back!

• Visited May 2014
Edinburgh
“Limited Menu (good)”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We ate here on Saturday 17th May - we were lucky enough to get a table on the balcony overlooking the city. The House does deals on cocktails if you like to have a fancy drink.
The menu is limited but the food that was available was very good. Staff were helpful and pleasant.

Visited May 2014