The Mill Hotel
Hotels.com
US$94
PremierInn.com
1,646 results
All reviewscanal boatreal ale bardinner cruisecanaletto restaurantbusiness roomoverlooking the canalclub roomcity centrepremier roomdinner dancecar parkbar priceshealth clubbreakfast was buffet stylespa facilitieslovely hotelbar area
Reviewed 11 July 2011

Apart from one individual, who I would love to name but In the absence of any badge identifying her I cannot, I was treated by the rest of the staff like I was not there. This was most evident at breakfast where the staff were sullen and not at all helpful. On the bright side, my room was big, clean and comfortable. Room service was quick. Parking was free.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a Club Room - totally worth it
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 July 2011

Not the most attractive hotel but made up for it by the brilliant postion a short walk from lovely Chester. Plenty of free parking.
The beds were divine big and memory foam bliss.
Room large, clean, modern tv (not many stations) very good tea tray.
Resturants were good value if a little dark. The dinner cruise on a narrow barge was fun the staff on it was brilliant.
Breakfast was good nice fruit.
All round nice hotel. One teeny fly was the receptionist who managed to take my payment without a smile or eye contact once. There was a very pleasant blonde lady on too who thankfully said goodbye or I would have thought I was invisible!

Room Tip: Make sure its canal side!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 June 2011

Just returned from from a 2 night break, our 2nd visit to The Mill. We stayed thursday & Friday & booked a premier room. Room was lovely, clean & spacious, although the first thing we noticed when we walked in was a few very noticeable stains on the carpet. Wear & tear no doubt but it really needs to be replaced or cleaned. Still, that's the only slight moan. Room had a balcony & it was lovely to sit out with a glass of wine & watch the world go by. Ate in restaurant on Friday night, excellent food & service. Breakfast was also fine, plenty of choice & great service.
Used the pool, steam room & sauna, very relaxing. My daughter had a few treatments in the spa & she said her massage was the best she had ever had & she's had a few.
Bar is great, always buzzing, with all different ages of people.
Sorry, quick mention for reception staff, very polite, friendly & professional.
Overall, great hotel in great location & will most definitely be returning.

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank Livsmum99
Reviewed 28 June 2011

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights. We were paying more than we had wanted due to the location which was good, a short walk to centre of town. We were in the old section of the building so it was a pretty sad looking room and would you believe too hot, in September. We spoke to the staff after our first night to which we got a comment that "Yes, on this side of the building the bricks keep in the heat and make the rooms hot." So they gave us a tiny little portable fan so, with the window open we only slow roasted on the second night. We also booked on the canal cruise that the hotel runs. We had specifically told the staff that we were vegetarian as the cruise included high-tea. When we sat down to our tea we realised our breadroll had meat on it. The staff went off to the restaurant kitchen, only to return with a breadroll with grated cheese. Apparently that is the only vegetarian food they had in their kitchen! The cruise was also suppose to have a history commentary but unfortunately this was being played on a DVD through 2 small TV screens at either end of the vessel. This could not be heard over the noise of the customers, although the DVD could be purchased for a small fee. The host, an older gentleman dressed in a gladiators costume was comical if not informative. Not quite the trip that was indicated. The hotel's buffett breakfast was ok. Staff were polite I guess doing what they could with their resources. I would recommend ensuring you are in the new section of the building and don't have you hopes up too high.

Room Tip: Get a room in the new section. Use the spa options
  • Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank UKHereWeCome
Reviewed 28 June 2011

Booked a spa package for myself and daughter, told them I was coming with my daughter. We came, stayed the night and next morning we eagerly went to the spa for our treatments only to be told that my daughter, who was two weeks off her 16th birthday wasnt allowed to have the treatments as she was under 16. Nobody mentioned this to me when I rang to book the package, so we were very dissapointed about this. They gave us a refund for the spa treatments that we couldnt have. We did use the pool and the jaccuzzi and steam room, which were all lovely. But this was a special trip and had we known this from the start we would never have booked it. The staff were very nice, food was okay and the rooms were basic but clean. Obviously I would not go there again.

Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family